Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rigging b and m poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default rigging b and m poles

i got some of those telescopic poles from b and m , do any of you guys put reels on them and make up some eyes or do you just use them as cane poles?
    i have several spare reels i could use just wondering if anyone does this and some help if you do...got over 40 rod and reels as it is just trying to keep from going to buy 12 and 13 foot crappie rods, gettin harder and harder to hide all my fishing stuff from the wife id be using them to troll with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhef
    i got some of those telescopic poles from b and m , do any of you guys put reels on them and make up some eyes or do you just use them as cane poles?
    i have several spare reels i could use just wondering if anyone does this and some help if you do...got over 40 rod and reels as it is just trying to keep from going to buy 12 and 13 foot crappie rods, gettin harder and harder to hide all my fishing stuff from the wife id be using them to troll with
    Jhef.....BnM makes eyes that fit their poles, and they slide on the pole and lock in place when it gets to the pole taper that fits it. They also make durable lightweight reels for them for just a few bucks, nothing fancy, but very serviceable. They also have an adjustable drag. BTW, change the tip guide to a standard one like you have on your casting rods, you can get them at Wally World and the glue too.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Option

jhef - Another option is a different model of b'n'm telescopic poles. I have used these for a long time. However, I haven't seen many places to buy them. One of the cheapest that I have found is on www.catfishconnection.com. Tuff-Lite telescopic pole with eva foam handle and reel seats.......BMCM10 (10ft) and BMCM12 (12ft) are the item numbers. They are telescopic but already have line guides on them and have a foam handle with reel seats. Hope it helps. CEB -

Post Thanks / Like

you can order straight from bnm if you're having trouble finding something you really want. just email them. they are a little more expensive coming straight from bnm vs cabelas or bass pro.( i dont understand this) but if you need it, then it's worth it.