Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new spring crappie vacation lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need a new spring crappie vacation lake

There is a group of us (5) who usually go on a week long crappie vacation trip to Truman in the spring- late April. This year we're thinking about trying some new water around the first part of May. We've been hitting cold weather the last couple years so we're going a week or so later this year. We were thinking about Stockton this spring. Is that a good crappie lake that time of the year? I heard on here that it gets windy on there- true or not? Any other good spots with decent cabins we can rent for a week? How about Pomme- any good for crappie? We fish Twain quite a bit, but we try new scenery every now and them. We would like the natural-type lakes, so we aren't really considering LOZ. We don't need any big secrets- just general typical conditions and good cabins. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

If you're thinking about Pomme, check out Stillwater Resort... shaded cabins closer to the water than any other resort on the lake (Most are WAY up the bank with a LONG walk to the water)... Cold front ruined the fishing when I was there two yrs. ago but would certainly go back. http://www.stillwaterresort.com/

Post Thanks / Like

You might try Bull Shoals Lake. Lots of good places to stay with good rates. Almost the same size as Truman but less fisherman and better size crappie.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

If it was me, I would stay with Truman. Just move the trip into later May or June.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Place....

Reelfoot. If you need info, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

if may is your timeframe I would think south would not be best option, spawn will be finishing or over. post spawn can be a tough period to fish, one of the toughest. truman not a bad may lake in may. my two cents

Post Thanks / Like

I Would Go To Reelfoot In April Or Postpone The Trip And Stay With Truman. Stockton Has Little Brush And Is Windy, Also Difficult To Learn. I Would Hire A Guide The First Day For
    Some Of The Guys And Then Know Where To Fish The Rest Of
    The Trip.

Regards
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if the father and son team of Rogers and Rogers that fish truman. Guide or not but if they do, that is who would want. The are always in the top 5 every tournament at Truman.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default size

Hey CH, I want to see those crappie in bull shoals that are bigger than the fish in parts of Truman. Just send me a pm on were they are hiding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieOutlaw
    Hey CH, I want to see those crappie in bull shoals that are bigger than the fish in parts of Truman. Just send me a pm on were they are hiding
    Most of the crappie I have caught in Bull Shoals go 12-14" just do not catch as many as I do at Truman. Truman I catch so many 9-10 fish. Plus I like the clear water better so when the fish are not biting in the summer I go swimming. Hate swimming in muddy water.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast