Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carp lake Marshall MO crappie $1.00 ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carp lake Marshall MO crappie $1.00 ea.

Well I tried something different today, a pond called Carp lake in a mobile home park where I used to live it costs $3 per day and I caught 3 nice ones and about 20 micro nojoes.
    Nice day after the storms but I can see the next round coming.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

They got their colors on, beautiful fish, congrats Rugs.
    Monk

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

$1 a fish is not bad. Would hate to think what I have in the fish I catch each year. Boat, gas, jigs, minnows, rods, reels the list keeps going and going. All to just throw them back or give them a way. Glad you got out and gave it a try and was successful.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Rugs! I think you could catch fish in a mud puddle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    $1 a fish is not bad. Would hate to think what I have in the fish I catch each year. Boat, gas, jigs, minnows, rods, reels the list keeps going and going. All to just throw them back or give them a way. Glad you got out and gave it a try and was successful.
    Your right Jerod (how do you spell your name? I've seen it spelled a couple different ways) $3 to fish locally is pretty good, especially here, I have caught many nice crappie there in the past and the bass fishing is great too. There are also allot of catfish in there, but I have been told, that many years ago, there was a little bait shop there and people used to fish it for the carp, the 90 some year old lady told me last time I was there, that there was a 15 lb limit on carp,I haven't ever heard of anyone "wanting" to catch carp, it was kinda weird to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugsrme View Post
    Your right Jerod (how do you spell your name? I've seen it spelled a couple different ways) $3 to fish locally is pretty good, especially here, I have caught many nice crappie there in the past and the bass fishing is great too. There are also allot of catfish in there, but I have been told, that many years ago, there was a little bait shop there and people used to fish it for the carp, the 90 some year old lady told me last time I was there, that there was a 15 lb limit on carp,I haven't ever heard of anyone "wanting" to catch carp, it was kinda weird to me
    Carp is good eating if it's prepared right. Used to go to a restaurant where they filleted it, and scored it a bit less than every 1/4 " without cutting through the skin and when it was breaded and deep fried it would curl up. Folks couldn't believe it was carp. Very good and no bones when done that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    Carp is good eating if it's prepared right.
    Sounds like Spoonbill:D, actually I have eaten carp, my Aunt served us what we thought was tuna salad sandwiches when I was a kid, we didn't know until she told us that is was canned carp.
    I have been wanting to try a few recipes I have read (and none of them involve cooking them on a board:D)

Post Thanks / Like

not bad for 3 bucks!!!!!
    your right bout the carp my mom used to pressure can it then make fish patties just like mackeral

man they were good!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A buck a fish sounds cheap to me I am sure I spend more than that for everyone I catch! Dang depressing thinking what I have spent to catch a crappie, but sure has been fun doing it.:D Nice job Rugs see you next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Bender View Post
    see you next week.
    Yea buddy, I think I met you last spring, but I will definitely shake your hand this spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast