Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ? about trolling motors

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? about trolling motors

I would like to know what your opinions are for the best trolling battery you can get. I will be doing almost all day trolling sometimes. I was wondering if the Optima TrollFury deep cycle battery is a good battery. I would also like to know what a good recharger is for a reasonable price. I guess no more than a hundred bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Optima Deep Cycle Trolling motor battery

I purcased the 55 amp hour deep cycle marine optima battery this spring. I think it's good. I wish I had purchased the larger one though. It charges up faster than a regular battery. So far it's been very good to me. I can fish for 8 hours with it using my 50 lb thrust Minn-Kota All Terrrain Trolling motor. I have been fishing in a lake that is electric trolling motors only.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    I would like to know what your opinions are for the best trolling battery you can get. I will be doing almost all day trolling sometimes. I was wondering if the Optima TrollFury deep cycle battery is a good battery. I would also like to know what a good recharger is for a reasonable price. I guess no more than a hundred bucks.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Optima Battery

:D I love my Optima Battery. I got the 1125 cold crank one, it was the biggest one they had with out going to the trolling fury series. I use it with a 55 lbs thrust MinnKota. I can fish all day in the current on the river with them pushing or pulling water from the dams. Then go home and plug it in and it will be charged within 4 to 6 hours and that is on trickle charge. I had a Everstart battery and in about 4 hours of lite use it was DEAD, and would take about 16 to 18 hours to trikle charge.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!