Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wappapello

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello

Any good reports? Gonna get a chance to fish about tues. or wed. Thanks Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I've been hearing some outlandish stories, don't know if they are true or not. My trip Saturday: 5'deep in 8 fow, several different colors worked, straight jigs, main lake, slow trollin as jiggin shallow was slow early, lots of boats at the bank but my money was on the fish backing out because of the front (there may be some on the bank but I didn't see anyone doing any good there). I kept nine, caught probably thirty, maybe more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks allot. I'll give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Went yesterday evening for a few hours with my dad. Bite wasn't quite as steady in the deeper water as it had been last week, but we did manage to pick up some keepers here and there. Just before dark we moved shallow and managed to catch 4 or 5 decent fish on the banks. All males. Ended the evening with 19, and most of those were "tater chips". Heading back this evening and likely every evening this week, if the rain doesn't stop us. Our neighbors over there fished all day on the banks and had 50, so I think we are going to give the shallows a go this evening.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

kept 24 on Satuday and 13 on Sunday. I caught some nice fish in 4-7' of water slow trolling minnows and jigs. All I could catch in less than 4' wall short fish. Most were females full of eggs both days. Did catch a few small ones that were starting to release eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish from Chaonia. Is this close to where you are?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like i better get off my lazy butt n get on the water lol

Post Thanks / Like

along the river channel between Lost creek and the 90 degree bend going to Chaonia had the best fish. Also needed to be moving. I didnt have much luck sitting still.

Post Thanks / Like

On the South side? By big stumps. I was on the north yesterday had some real dinks

Post Thanks / Like

Well the banks didn't do much for us yesterday evening. We casted to gravel banks in the main lake area, and kept 10 crappie and one bluegill in 3 hours. All but 2 of our keepers were just above 9 inches. The good ones came off brushpiles. Caught a ton of 6-8 inch males that were really dark. Trying again this evening. Hopefully some fat females will be up. Good luck to those of you going after them.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast