HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor retiring

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doctor retiring

Going to retire in June
    He is 60, he teaches medical students.
    Been my doctor for 25+ years,he has pulled me thru some tough spots.

90% of his patience are on Medicare.......he does not make a lot of money as one would think.

He said that the new Medicare he has to take 20% cut, plus his insurance cost are high.........

He said it is just not worth it
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob # 1 View Post
    Going to retire in June
    He is 60, he teaches medical students.
    Been my doctor for 25+ years,he has pulled me thru some tough spots.

90% of his patience are on Medicare.......he does not make a lot of money as one would think.

He said that the new Medicare he has to take 20% cut, plus his insurance cost are high.........

He said it is just not worth it
    The front page of the Roanoke Times in Roanoke, VA has an article that states "Nurse practitioners could become our new doctors"

Our doctor of many years is also leaving..Almost like losing a family member..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my checkup visit to the doctor here. He is a young feller and he told me he will have to drop medicare patients ( I asked). He has a staff of 6 nurses and technicians. He is still paying on his student loans. He says he can't make it with that cut since the majority of his patients are Medicare and Tenncare. He will probably move on. We have a shortage of doctors here in rural west Tn.

I am sure there are plenty other doctors in this predicament.

More and more Nurse Practitioners showing up though, but they not doctors.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Big bottle neck coming soon to gettting seen by docs

A lot are retiring as baby boomers hitting the age that they use more and more medical care..... a lot of docs dropping M.C. patients due to payment cuts, malpractice insurance increases, etc.

Less new docs going into Non-specialty practice

it's all going to be creating a bottle neck to being seen

all the M.C. patients will get shifted to other docs increasing the work load there and backing things up in those practices

medical schools have been maandated to increase there incoming class size to keep recieving fed funding to try and keep a symbolance of ballance

strap in kiddies

Post Thanks / Like

DonG, I saw the same add saying most states will start allowing nurse practitioners to fill more doctors roles. It is going to be one nightmare for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

We are quickly becoming a third world country. My Oncologist is leaving in Sept. He has had it fighting the insurance companies and the government.That group now has 4 Oncologist that can barely speak English. Our family Dr is under pressure to add 10% more patients a day in to his already crowded schedule. Cancer drugs prices raise almost weekly. The white count follow shot has risen from $6K 2 years ago to over $10K now. Yet the drug companies with our governments blessing is recording record profits.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother is a new spine surgeon who just joined a practice in December. 2 months into his job he gets a 20% pay cut from Medicare. To say he was not happy is an understatement. I wouldn't be either if my company told me I was getting a 20% pay cut. Some may say, well he makes alot of money anyways, but he also has half a million in debt to repay plus the government takes close to half of his paycheck before he gets it.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see that most of you guys "get it"....When you graduate with your doctorate there's really NOT a check for million dollars rolled up in your diploma! Remember this thread on ELECTION DAY!!!

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My doctor teaches the new interns........for a hospital.......what a waste of talent
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be to worried about being seen by a nurse practitioner. Most have 6-7 years of higher education and the ones I work with are as dedicated as any MD, and usually spend twice as much time per patient.If you knew how many non-MD caregivers play a vital role in your health care you would be shocked. NP family practitioners are the future of health care!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast