Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deceiving Weather?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deceiving Weather?

Does anybody else think the weather lately has been deceiving? In Northern Indiana it has been getting up to 65 or 70 or so the last few days and other than a few cold days lately the last couple weeks have been like that. But I think it is deceiving because it seems like it is back to 45 every night. I don't have a fish finder or any way of telling water temperature, but it seems like the water isn't as warm as you would think by seeing the temperatures at 4 PM. I think cause it gets so cold again at night we are almost starting over again each morning trying to get the water warmed up again. I have been catching a lot of fish in a smaller lake but when I get on any bigger water it seems like the fish definitely have not started moving up lately. I think once the nights start staying a little warmer things will be a lot better on the big lakes? Anybody agree, disagree, anything?
    Sometimes I hold small fish for ransom.

Post Thanks / Like

Water is in the mid to upper 60's in southern Indiana. If the fish aren'e moving up now, they are not going to. Fish being caught everywhere down here very shallow, and some fish waiting to move up still being caught 8' to 10'. But its in the 80's during the day here, you may be a week or two behind depending on your location.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

went out this past weekend north of ft Wayne. Water temp was 52.

Post Thanks / Like

Default temp

was at white oak saturday. shallow water 3 ft, temp was 58.9

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Horseshoe Bend today with a stiff East wind...everyone said the fish had lockjaw...I kept trying. No luck at Horseshoe Bend, but hit some feeder ditches with black bottoms - the water was gin clear, so I dropped down to 2lb. test XL line with a 1/64oz. chartreuse / hot pink jig and started getting bit...bunch of gills, one crappie and one bass.

I agree, it needs to warm up a bit here in the northern tier of the state...although, last week I popped 6 bass in under twenty minutes at the same locations. Go figure.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a TM only lake by the house, fished for a few hours this evening water temps were 69.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

brookville is low to mid 60's mid-lake, bite was on fire tonight! All fish were shallow, but found anywhere from 4-30fow.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

This past weekend Shafer and missy was holding at 59

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by verbtotrust View Post
    Does anybody else think the weather lately has been deceiving? In Northern Indiana it has been getting up to 65 or 70 or so the last few days and other than a few cold days lately the last couple weeks have been like that. But I think it is deceiving because it seems like it is back to 45 every night. I don't have a fish finder or any way of telling water temperature, but it seems like the water isn't as warm as you would think by seeing the temperatures at 4 PM. I think cause it gets so cold again at night we are almost starting over again each morning trying to get the water warmed up again. I have been catching a lot of fish in a smaller lake but when I get on any bigger water it seems like the fish definitely have not started moving up lately. I think once the nights start staying a little warmer things will be a lot better on the big lakes? Anybody agree, disagree, anything?
    deceiving? No. It's spring.