PDA

View Full Version : Motor question

crappieseeker
12-31-2005, 08:33 AM
What would cause your motor to just shut off while running at full speed. this happened once the other day but fired right back up. It shut off once when I let up off the throttle but it also fired right back up again.

Barnacle Bill
12-31-2005, 08:38 AM
What would cause your motor to just shut off while running at full speed. this happened once the other day but fired right back up. It shut off once when I let up off the throttle but it also fired right back up again.

Since it fires right back up, that sort of eliminates fuel problems. I had an old Evinrude that did that and it turned out to be the power pack. But loose or corroded connections could do that too. I would check all them first. What motor are we talking about?

stray
01-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Mine did that once and it was that I forgot to open the vent on the fuel tank. I know that I shouldn't admit it but I stop filled the tank (6 gallon portable tank); it has an air valve on the cap. Your are suppose to close the valve when tailoring it and open it when you are boating. I forgot to open it up when I launched the boat, with a full tank, and didn’t realize it tell I was back home and mad that the boat would run which ruined a day of fishing.