Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God is GOOD all of the time

Post Thanks / Like

Smile God is GOOD all of the time

Well, I am sitting in the camper at D"arbonne getting ready to go catch a few more crappie as I write this report. We got over here yesterday afternoon, got the trailer set up, and finally got to the very windy lake about 4:00 PM. We caught 5 nice crappie and one big bream from 4:00 till 6:00. I got tired of fighting the wind and I got hungry so we left. We didn't kill them but we caught a good mess of fish.
    I got up this morning and went by myself. Diane wanted to sleep in. After all, she said, it is her vacation and she can sleep if she wants too. LOL.:D I caught 5 crappie and a catfish that probably went around 3lbs. I threw 2 of the crappie back because they were less than 10 inches. Once again I didn't kill them but ended the morning with another good mess of fish.
    The biggest crappie so far was a 1lb 6oz fish. The smallest one that I have kept was 1lb even. Caught all of them except one in about 12 FOW 10 feet deep.
    Two trips to the lake and two messes of fish. What mare can a guy hope for. Even without a limit God is very good. I wish that I could fathom just how much He loves us, but I can't. I'll try to give another report tonight.
    The Lord is good. His mercy and love endures forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pastor,He loved us enough to "crush" his own Son on that tree, so fallen mankind could have a way to stand in the presence of a holy God.
    God commands all men to repent(turn from known sin)and trust in Jesus Christ.Then and only then will He grant the gift of eternal life.Whoever is reading this,where will you spend eternity?
    Romans 6:23

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

So true on all the above, and remember he hung out with a bunch of fishermen. I feel we are in good company.
    "gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO Slab View Post
    Thanks Pastor,He loved us enough to "crush" his own Son on that tree, so fallen mankind could have a way to stand in the presence of a holy God.
    God commands all men to repent(turn from known sin)and trust in Jesus Christ.Then and only then will He grant the gift of eternal life.Whoever is reading this,where will you spend eternity?
    It's all about Grace.............Grace is not a "blue eyed blonde"
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

-- "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy, he saved us"
    (Titus 3:5)

-- "If by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace" (Rom. 11:6)

-- "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for
    righteousness" (Rom. 4:5)

-- "A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, that we might be
    justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law" (Gal. 2:16)

-- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of
    works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9)

Therefore, any attempt to preach any form of works of righteousness for salvation in this age is to pervert the gospel of Paul, and those who do are to be accounted accursed (compare Gal. 1:7,
    Gal. 3:10, and Gal. 5:4). You cannot be saved by grace while working for salvation (Rom. 11:5-6). Compare Peter's admonition to Cornelius in Acts 10:35 with Paul's message to us in Titus 3:5. Anyone who says they are the same has a reading problem.

HTH
    Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Pastor, Congrats on the fish. What part of the lake are you fishing? I only fished it a few times (all deep water fishing) and I always caught pretty good across from the spillway launch near the ski area (I think that's what it is) There are two cuts across the lake from the launch, it's in between them. We almost almost 200 keepers there back in December between 3 days and a combined approximate 18 hrs of fishing.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

JigRig,

We understand one is NOT saved by works.Repentance is not works,it is doing a "moral u-turn" from sin to God.Change of mind and direction.

I tell you,no;but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Jesus -Luke 13:5

"Repent,for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!" John the Baptist -Matthew 3:2

Both Jesus and John both preached repentance.God's amazing grace is a call to repentance,not a license to sin.
    Last edited by MO Slab; 04-10-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

JigRig,

We understand one is NOT saved by works.Repentance is not works,it is doing a "moral u-turn" from sin to God.Change of mind and direction.

I tell you,no;but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. Jesus -Luke 13:5

"Repent,for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!" John the Baptist -Matthew 3:2

Both Jesus and John both preached repentance.God's amazing grace is a call to repentance,not a license to sin.
    Mo Slab,

Isn't doing a moral u-turn a work of righteousness? Righteousness implies that a person's actions are justified.
    - "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy, he saved us"
    (Titus 3:5)

While all of the Bible is written for us it is not all written to us. Most
    of the Bible deals with the nation Israel which are Jews. Read Matt 10.Who were the 12 Apostles sent to?

Paul is the Apostle
    to the Gentiles and his writings are to us, the Church which is Christ's body.

HTH
    Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Jig Rig,

Repentance is not a work,it's obedience to a command from God.Works would be doing something(money,religious rituals,selling magazines,etc..)to gain one's salvation.

Here is Paul preaching to Gentiles in Athens,Greece: Truly,these times of ignorance God overlooked,but now commands all men everywhere to REPENT,because He has appointed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by the man(Jesus) whom He has ordained. Acts 17:30

Then Peter said to them,"Repent,and let everyone of you be baptized....Acts 2:38

Repent,or else I will come to you quickly.....Jesus speaking to church in Pergamos(compromising church) Rev.2:16

Jesus only had 3 years to start his ministry,to train a small group of men in which to start his church. Jesus witnessed to the woman at the well who was a Samaritan(enemy of the Jews).Also after the cross,the disciples were scattered all over the region to spread the Gospel and witness,and ultimately to be martyred.

Post Thanks / Like

Jig Rig,

Repentance is not a work,it's obedience to a command from God.Works would be doing something(money,religious rituals,selling magazines,etc..)to gain one's salvation.

Here is Paul preaching to Gentiles in Athens,Greece: Truly,these times of ignorance God overlooked,but now commands all men everywhere to REPENT,because He has appointed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by the man(Jesus) whom He has ordained. Acts 17:30

Then Peter said to them,"Repent,and let everyone of you be baptized....Acts 2:38

Repent,or else I will come to you quickly.....Jesus speaking to church in Pergamos(compromising church) Rev.2:16

Jesus only had 3 years to start his ministry,to train a small group of men in which to start his church. Jesus witnessed to the woman at the well who was a Samaritan(enemy of the Jews).Also after the cross,the disciples were scattered all over the region to spread the Gospel and witness,and ultimately to be martyred.
    Folks, all I know about this is that while reading the New Testament about 3/4 the way thru God revealed to me what sin was and how it hurt my testimony for Him. When I asked Him (repentance)to make me what ever He wanted me to be He changed all the desires of my heart immediately. He made me a new person and it was all Him. I did nothing. No giving up anything, no quiting anything, no moral turn around. And, it is free. What a great and merciful God we have and how wise are His ways.

I have heard and do believe that it is impossible to be born again and not know it.
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast