Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello 4/8,9,10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello 4/8,9,10

Taking a trip to Wappapello ( Holiday Landing ) this weekend and haven't been on this lake since the 80's I could sure use some help.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished near Holliday some, but I'm not real familiar with that part of the lake. The best tip I can give you is to be extremely careful navigating. The lake should be down close to winter pool so there are plenty of stumps and sand bars that can ruin your day and weekend.

As far as fishing goes, I would be surprised if some fish weren't on the banks at some point over the weekend. The water temp is about right and the weather outlook is good. If this rain moving through isn't too awful bad, the water levels should be pretty stable too. Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but I know that both and Otter & Lost creeks hold a good number of fish, so you might try there. You might also try casting or dipping laydowns up and down the river channel. I'll be over Friday-Tuesday, so we may run into each other. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Looks like you planned your weekend at about the right time.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

I will be as careful as possible, I have taken three boats to Wappapello in the past and broke three props! Not my favorite lake HA HA. Taking some kids fishing and would like to have them catch some ( Me Too ) Love to dip and I'm thinking it would be easy for the kids to do to. I guess i'll start by going towards Otter ( if I can remember where it's at. ) Last I remember it was about a mile up river fron Chaonia Landing.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy you sure picked a nice weekend to go. You are correct on the location of otter creek, may also want to try Caldwell creek as well, it is a short run down from Holliday Landing. I agree that there should be some that are moving up on the banks. Try casting jigs under a float on gravel banks. Good luck and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I've caught a lot of crappie between Shy Noah and Holiday Landing....can't spell Chaiona??...anyway...I would work the channel edges especially at the
    channel swings...brush and rubbish gathers there for shelter.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Mongo82 have fun and be safe, its always good when you can take kids out and teach them things. i am sure you will all have fun and cant wait to see some pics....

Post Thanks / Like

Lake level is at 356 as of this moment. Watch close for stumps coming south from Holiday Landing. At that level alot of them are just below the surface. There are some arrows on signs guiding you around some of the islands, they are there for a reason. LOL Good luck I'm hoping I am able to get up there sometime this weekend.
    If it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smilnsam View Post
    I've caught a lot of crappie between Shy Noah and Holiday Landing....can't spell Chaiona??...anyway...I would work the channel edges especially at the
    channel swings...brush and rubbish gathers there for shelter.
    Just for reference it's Chaonia. Took me for ever to remember how it was spelled.
    If it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done.

Post Thanks / Like

Back from the lake, weather was beautiful,the water was running high 60's in the afternoon, the kids backed out, and I beleive I was fishing caldwell creek, it's about 1/2 mile from Holliday ( same side ) caught fish but no keepers. Talked with some guys from Fenton Mo. They had 21 keepers fishing 4' in 6' of water, said they caught all there fish in one spot, up around 67 bridge. So I thought I'd try spider rigging, was catching quite a few non keepers Sunday, but I was catching something ( I'm new to this ) Also caught a white bass that was around 2 lbs. Enjoyed my trip even though I didn't have any keeper crappie, Thanks everyone