Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Enhancement Fee????

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Enhancement Fee????

I wander what Indiana DNR does with the Lake Enhancement Fee. Whenever you register your boat you pay it. The three lakes I fish lack "Enhancement". We used to have trash barrels at the ramps, my fishing buddy & I used to pick up floating trash & put it in the barrels (Our own Enhancement). They used to do a fair job cleaning the ramps (It was a little "Enhanceing"). I heard from a CO at a boat show that it's going to a slush fund. Just wandering in Indiana.
    :D WILL FISH FOR FOOD OR MONEY

Post Thanks / Like

It is sad to say but someone get happier every time a boat is purchased there plane tickets are now paid for cha ching !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish hook rich View Post
    I wander what Indiana DNR does with the Lake Enhancement Fee. Whenever you register your boat you pay it. The three lakes I fish lack "Enhancement". We used to have trash barrels at the ramps, my fishing buddy & I used to pick up floating trash & put it in the barrels (Our own Enhancement). They used to do a fair job cleaning the ramps (It was a little "Enhanceing"). I heard from a CO at a boat show that it's going to a slush fund. Just wandering in Indiana.
    The biggest problem with where our money is really going is that it doesn't all end up where it should. Different type of funds are set into groups. Basically, lake enhancement, launch permits, hunting and fishing licenses can only be spent in one group. The problem is that the groups are like the old color charts. You take the three primary colors and start to overlap them to make new colors. That's the same thing the state does with our funds. The money from these things does go to the proper area, but area's overlap. In essence, our money from our fishing license can end up just about anywhere, if it's been transfered, or "borrowed" :rolleyes: to another division.

I found all of this out from a phone conversation with former head of the DNR, Kyle Hupfer. For whatever reason, he didn't seem to hold that position very long. I don't know the reasoning, but I like to think his conscious had something to do with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell ya what irks me off! Lake Freeman and Shafer have "Lake enhancement fees" You are suppose to BUY these stickers for $12 a year or pay more money to ramp! Our affsc or what ever they call themselves started charging the ramp owners $2000 so they can use there own ramps. The price went from $8 to 10 and one place from $10 to 12 to in and out ramp. What do I see we get for our money? 2 guys on a pontoon pulling a log.
    My uncle told me he got a bill for $25 dollars for his pier from them. I will say they are dredging but they don't have any silt traps. So everything just fills back in. All I do is pay tax to fish it seems like. Boat reg, trailer reg and on and on.......
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to civilization and capitalism at its finest!!! Death and Taxes the only two guarantees in life.

Post Thanks / Like

Its spring time! So most of the money will go towards green fees and other expences! Its for "MITCH" Come on guys! He is all about the INDR.
    I still use one rod at a time!!

Post Thanks / Like

it goes to a bunch of people sitting around, trying to find new ways to charge us. lol really though, i suppose it gets spread out where ever they need it?

Post Thanks / Like

You Do Know How To Start A Controversy, Don't You Fishhook? We Have Sure Had This Conversation Many Times Over The Years. They Should Have Had A Pile Of Money There By Now And That Gets Legislators Attention!!

See You Soon When I Get Back From Fl
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do feel your pain!!! I have 2 boats that I also pay that fee for! I use the Dora/New Holland ramp alot at Salamonie and the dock there was horrible last year, but they did however have the entire area paved, that had to cost a pretty penny, so at least I guess they have proven to do somthing, so I cant complain I cant belive they acually paved it. Now if they would just maintain the docks better even though I know some people abuse them.