Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New England Grand Slam - float tube style

Post Thanks / Like

Default New England Grand Slam - float tube style

Had the pleasure of fishing with Tyler today & he took the Crappie to school today on the lessons of the deadly semi-seal leech fly. He was practically catching a crappie on every cast for 1/2 hour straight, I told him that the crappie are calling him, "Tyler the Terrible" for the terrible spanking he gave the crappie. The crappie must be starting to spawn on this lake, theyare stackedup like chord wood. We fished a another lake earlier this morning and had only a couple of small crappie and occasional hit, it was just not happening, so we changed location and the fish were on fire for the rest of the morning. We had to hunt for the larger crappie, most fish were very aggressive, tight along the shoreline in 4-6 foot of water about 8-10 inches in length and the larger 11-13" specimens were in mcuh deeper water. The fish showed Tyler the "love".... he had an old fashion New England grand slam; caught small bass , bluegills, pickerel, crappie and yellow perch...not really any size today to them but plenty of action to enjoy and nice warm to be out on the lake in our float tubes. I was catching them on various Goldies, various buggers, Cat Whiskers and Muddler Minnows... Great day to be out catching Crappie on the long rod after a long winter..

Post Thanks / Like

Got any photos and a materials list on that fly? Good lookin' thing. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the fly that catches everything, especially crappie, I tie these Goldies up witha #8 hook and Watch out!!!

E-Z BODY products, Fly Tying's #1 Tubing! - Photo Gallery
    Last edited by gillbuster; 04-06-2010 at 11:41 AM.