Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question

Post Thanks / Like

Question I have a question

I had a bud of mine tell me crappie feed up. He also said that I should place my baits a foot or so above were the fish are at. What do you guys think, I'm not sure my self since I'm fairly new at this game

Post Thanks / Like

There's some truth to that, but not always. That's why the Thill type floats can really pay off sometimes. Sometimes Crappie will go down for a tidbit and then swim back up making the bite very hard to detect, the slack in the line will cause the Thill type float to rise and indicate an upward a bite. Set The Hook, Set The Hook!!!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

In S.C. they feed up.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree...I think they feed up.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GCD View Post
    There's some truth to that, but not always. That's why the Thill type floats can really pay off sometimes. Sometimes Crappie will go down for a tidbit and then swim back up making the bite very hard to detect, the slack in the line will cause the Thill type float to rise and indicate an upward a bite. Set The Hook, Set The Hook!!!
    quote (indicate an upward a bite.) Very poor English isn't it
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time Crappie will feed looking up, But there are times when you drop a bait right in front of their nose, that they will go down after it, and bite it on the drop. Nothing about Crappie fishing is set in stone, and you will be amazed at how many different ways you can catch Crappie. What will work one day won't get a second look the next day or in an hour. After you have Crappie fished for awhile you will learn to let the Crappie tell you what they want and how they want it. Always pay attention and be aware of what is going on around you. Good fishing and always enjoy the outdoors. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

J Row: We are Crappie fisherpersons here,not English Majors. We or I am not interested in someones grammer or spelling as long as I get the concept of what they are trying to say. We don't need the spelling or grammer police on the site. If you are having a problem of understanding what is being said or meant just let us know and someone will help you out.We are here to help,not criticize. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

If you cast jigs without a floater, also be a line watcher. Sometimes you will not feel a crappie bite but you can see your line twitch. I see so many people miss fish by not noticing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    J Row: We are Crappie fisherpersons here,not English Majors. We or I am not interested in someones grammer or spelling as long as I get the concept of what they are trying to say. We don't need the spelling or grammer police on the site. If you are having a problem of understanding what is being said or meant just let us know and someone will help you out.We are here to help,not criticize. EB
    Don't remember pulling your chain. I understand exactly what is being said. The person I posted on done a pretty good hack job on LBM yesterday and I was just showing him he isn't the English major he thinks he is. Maybe he should take your well intended advice as he is always coming down hard on people with his wise cracks. Just trying to help out a fellow fisherman (LBM)
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

the next time you catch a crappie and put it in your live-well look at it's eyes. It will tell the story.
    SHUTUPANDFISH!!! SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, NOT MY INTENTION, MUST HAVE BEEN A GATOR OR LONGHORN FAN. ROLL AGAIN TIDE. HOOAH!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast