Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mark twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default mark twain

im looking to go out to mark twain this weekend and find some slabs but it is a long drive and i have not been to that lake in years but i like it a lot looking for info on what the lake has been like and if it is worth going any info on the lake would be helpful i would like to find some fish there thanks jiggin jay

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from my place Thurs near Elk Fork. I talked to the neighbors and they have not been catching any crappie but doing well on catfish. The water at South Fork was muddy. I would put in on the north side of the lake of the lake. That water is usually cleaner. I'd look at the fishing report on South Fork Resort. I have not read it yet. Let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Would also try Lick creek area or Indian creek area I think i'm going to try Indian creek area next weekend

Post Thanks / Like

As of last week some fish were being caught in the Dry Fork area of Lick Creek. I was there Wednesday morning and caught some shallow (less than 3 feet deep close to the bank). It started getting crowded so we decided to try a different part of the lake, unfortunately we didn't catch another fish.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys if i do end up going i will post the score i have one other choice and that is rend lake in ill i will post that to if i go

Post Thanks / Like

CCF,

Where'd ya run to? Just a generalization, not asking for specifics.

Jiggin,

Dry Fork usually takes off first for Twain, but also gets the most pressure.......... and when I say pressure, I mean LOTS. So, if you are wanting to battle boats to catch fish, that's where I would start especially this time of the year. Otherwise, don't be afraid to run up the lake a little bit.....

RLM

Post Thanks / Like

Route U,
    We went to Little Indian. Couldn't even buy a fish there, don't ask me why. If you look on Cannon Dam's fishing report you can see one of the local guides did well, we were fishing within 50 yards of him in Dry Fork when we left. He must have really got on 'em after that. We were going to go back there but we had some boat troubles and decided to go home. I'm going to head back up there in the next couple of days and I'll post a report then. I'm not sure how well we'll do though looks like Mark Twain got hammered with the rain last night and there is supposed to be more coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense if you ask me..... if Lick is just starting to produce then Indian should start pretty soon. Big Indian is often overlooked..... to avoid pressure but stay on the lower end, that's where I like to start.

What time did you leave Lick? Sunshine works wonders, especially in that part of the lake..... As for the guide, are you talking about Lynn? If so, you were in the right spot... guy knows the lake like the back of his hand.

Lookin forward to your report........hope to be there Friday/Sat/Sun.

RLM

Post Thanks / Like

We left Lick Creek about 11:00, like I said it was getting pretty crowded. I don't know the guides first name, the name on the boat is "Fish N' Podna". I see him around the lake quite a bit. He also consistently posts pictures and reports on Cannon Dam General Stores website. I just found out from Nameoki Marine that my boat isn't going to be done until Friday so I should be up there right after that. I'm probably going to hit Lick Creek first, after that I might try the very back of the South Fork, I've had luck there in the past this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh........... I think his name is Ray. He is a master at pullin crankbaits for crappie all over the lake.

Sucks about your boat, however these past few storms went RIGHT OVER Twain, so I would assume the lake is going to be in a bit of flux. As for South Fork, not sure how far you will be able to get and the water may be cooler the further up you go with all of this runoff and the lake jumping. Try the outside run of timber around the first bend (across from the big mud flat) once you get up in there..... might find some in there close to the wood.

I'm saying it is still 2 weeks off from getting hot, weather permitting????

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast