Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Wednesday night, 3/31

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Wednesday night, 3/31

Hit up the Gravois tonight. Pretty slow. Windy. Water temps well into the 50's. Found a few spots at 57 even! Had good reports in the Gravois arm, specifically Indian Creek. Three of us, Me my dad and a buddy, all in the same boat, fished several spots from 430 till dark with no great success. Two keeper crappie, with a few small ones here and there. The ones we found were over about 6 ft of water and seemed to be haly way down or better on brush, exactly where you would expect to find them.

The fish we caught were late in the evening. So i dont know, these fish have me stumped. I thought this evening was going to be great, but, i gues well have to see this weekend.

Water was stained, with 1ft or better in places as far as clarity goes. Jig Color didnt seem to matter, like every crappie we caught was on a different color it seemed. I dont know, noone else seems to be posting any reports with any news, good or bad and no help. Im going to try it again friday and saturday hopefully. Ill get a report up as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been over that way for a good while but i'd guess they're gettin ready to get good in a big hurry,stay after em and you'll develop a pattern that will work.With these warm nights and bright days i like to start in shallow open water at daylight and move to docks and especially the dark areas of the docks after the sun gets high in the sky,not much help i know but its all i've got for now when i start back over there i'll post up the results,good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

xbuster,

I'll be in Indian Creek tomorrow. What kinda rig will you be in?

Post Thanks / Like

I would say they should be up pretty shallow with this warm up we've had (maybe less than 4'). Keep us informed, I'll be down in two weeks and ready give 'em hell!

Post Thanks / Like

Partner and I fished that area 3/31 from 8 am till 1 pm. Boated over 90 small fish, kept 23 crappie between 9 1/4 and 11 inches. minnows and jigs 3-9 feet down in 9-25 fow over brush. go when you can, very windy and had to fish out of the wind. bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, by looking at the weather, they might slow down a little bit. Looks to be a "cool" front with some rain coming in Sat. and cooler nights into next week that might knock them down a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday

Nate,

Ill either be in a newer red and black ranger or an older off brand red and black hyrdo-sports (i think), depending on who im with. Not sure where ill be, i know the Purvis area very well and had just heard good things from last weekend about gravois, decided to try it out. May very well be there again tomorrow evening though, how bout yourself?