Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: string

Post Thanks / Like

Default string

do you restring every year? I have been , but might not this year. Ive been using spider wire 8 pound test. I like the strength and durablity. But its hard to get it thru the jig holes, and its hard to see, for those light biters. might go with somthing clear this year. Your thoughts

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I restring my rods a couple times a year. I use the Stren Hi-Vis braid. It is easy to see. I have tried all kinds of braids and keep going back to Stren. I started using the Vicious hi-vis mono on my trolling rods and like it so far. It is more of a green color compared to the gold or yellow colored Stren but it sure stands out against the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I went to stren 14# braid last year

don't have to use my biconculars to see it, wish I could tell you I am using the same jig I used all last year...... but I changed colors this year...... blue/pink...... not going to change line until I get very low, fish sometimes 2-3 trips with the same jig, so don't ever loose much line...... tough stuff..... never once has yellow line spooked the crappie ( that I know of)... you guys that can use clear must have bionic eyes.......I am so old my eyes even have wrinkles in them.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I restring every week or two, depends on the conditions, brush, cedars are real bad on line, trolling rigs get close attention also, would hate to loose a big fish because I was less than dilligent on my line,

Post Thanks / Like

Back when I fished with mono I would put new line ononce a month. Now that I use braid, I only respool when I don't have enough line on the spool. Keep in mind that I rarely put more than 50 yds at a time on top of a mono backing.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I only respool when I don't have enough line on the spool. Keep in mind that I rarely put more than 50 yds at a time on top of a mono backing.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

gonna try trilene trans optic this year, i usually re string every month
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

i respool any time that my spool is low or if my line has had 2much sun and starts curling up

Post Thanks / Like

Default When I used mono

I re-spooled before every new trip..... usually lost enough each trip to get low on the spool anyway...... braid all year long and will go for year #2 this year.....still a lot of it on the little bait caster reel.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I change about every other trip.
    Monk