Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new jog pole and reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a new jog pole and reel.

Has anyone had experience with the new B'n'M Camouflage BrushCutter Crappie Rods? IM looking for a tuff pole and it says its tuff, just wondering what you experts might think bout this. Also, a pole that is well balanced and light, so that I a jig awhile without my hand going numb. Looking for a pole in the 10' range.

Also, a good reel for this pole or possible another pole if the one listed isnt the best option for me. I have been looking at the Pflueger President Spinning Reels, Shimano Sedona FD Spinning Reels,Shimano Spirex FG Front Drag Spinning Reels.

Im gonna run power pro 15/4 with whatever combo I decide on. Also not exactly what the best size is on one of these reels listed would be. Any advice would this would be great. Im not set on any off these, but thats what Ive looked at so far. thanks
    Something Wise!

Post Thanks / Like

I would look at Daiwa Regal-XiA reels.
    If I can be half the man my Dad is, or a fourth the man my Grandfather is, I can rest in peace that my time on earth meant something.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the sam heaton 10' with a little 10-15.00 crappie hunter reel. The pole will get out there from the bank and will pitch your jig well from the boat. I have caught up to 8# gar with this setup but it is hard on your plastic gears but it will work. Personal best is 5# hybrid.
    First liar never has a chance!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so far everyone. But I still havnt put the purchase on anything quite yet.
    Something Wise!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used most all of them out there. Got a garage full of some of the better ones that I keep to let buddies borrow when they come with me. But the best I have seen yet (and I been using them for 5-7 years now) is the Sams Super Sensitive. Now, I use the 9' because it is SO MUCH lighter than the 10.
    Holding that 10 out all day feels like a broom handle next to the 9'. But next to others, the 10 is still light.

Let me clarify "light". I weighed them all on a gram scale. I weighed about 6 or 7 of the ones that "felt the best to me" from my collection. None came close to the lightness of the 9' Sams. BUT!! BUT!!! And this is the kicker, I can't tell you how many 1.5 slabs I have forced out of cover and FLIPPED netless into the boat with my 9fter! It is an AWESOME rod.

My 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input Mr. GatorTrax, I'll have too look into those.
    Something Wise!

Post Thanks / Like

You are more than welcome sir

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you have a BPS near, but they now carry the camo B n M. I looked at one the other day, its a cool looking rod, but seemed a little heavy to me. You could go there and check one out before pulling the trigger.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Locator79, thanks for the response. I'm wanting to stay away from a heavy rod and glad you chimed in with your report. The nearest BPS is a few hours away and I aint got the time to go with the fish biting. I bought a 9' cabelas whuppin stick to see if I would like a longer rod and I do. But that whuppin stick is heavy heavy and really front heavy. Made my hand go numb the other day. So now im looking forward to finding a light jig pole. thanks again.
    Something Wise!

Post Thanks / Like

uhh...Sam Heaton....9 footer:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast