Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Farm Pond

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Farm Pond

Don’t know if any of you have access to any farm ponds, but last night we caught a few out of mine. We have about a 1 ½ acre pond and we caught 8 nice crappie, a bluegill and a small bass. I know I shouldn’t have put them in there but it’s a real old pond and it’s kind of fun. Wouldn’t you know it, I threw the first five back then decided to get my son and a bucket then we could only manage three more. Oh well, fun anyway. Might be time to be hittin the small waters!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report Bill
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I like having crappie in the pond. Black crappie are ok to stock, whites can somtimes pose a problem, as they reproduce faster. I need to stock a hundred or so crappie in my pond, with about 1000 fathead minnows to help fatten them up! Heres a site that talks about stocking fish and minnows.
    TYPES OF FISH - POND STOCKING

Post Thanks / Like

I hit the small 3 acre lake at my buddy's house the other day right around 5 0'clock and we boated four nice sized crappie in about 20 minutes. Clouds started rollin in and they shut off like that. Caught a few bluegill and a little retarded bass. It's just about time to start fillin stringers outta there. Got another buddy who's old man has about a 7 acre lake and trying to get some guys together to hit that up. Last year his dad, brother and some other guy caught around 200 in an afternoon. Nobody has fished it since. He wants to have a campout and a bonfire. Can you say Crappie-on-a-stick?
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Post Thanks / Like

When and where is the "attack-on-the-seven-acre-pond"? By the way, is 7 acres a large pond or a small lake? Does the depth or water source define the difference? Maybe a topic for 'Off Topic' .
    My worst day of fishin' is still better than my best day at work!

Post Thanks / Like

To me that falls into the catagory of a lake,whatever it is it sounds like one heck of a time.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie