Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to buy bulk minnows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default where to buy bulk minnows?

Im wondering where, if anybody on here buys their minnows in bulk? I am from around Kokomo/Peru area. I haven't asked at the local bait shops here as I just got a wild hair an remembered I still have an olf fish tank in storage somewhere!

Thanks,

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a posting on Iceshanty.com in the Icefishing Indiana section. You might try and send this guy a private message to contact him to see about buying minnows in larger quantities. Good luck.

walleyepac
    IceShanty Rookie

Interesting experience
    « on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:03 PM » Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the way of introduction, I have fished my whole life, from the time I could walk I had a pole in my hand,I went from fishin bass tournaments to trolling for walleye and saugeye and everything in between. Except,I never really ice-fished. This year however has been a different story. I bought a marcum last year and a vexilar this year. I went 1 saturday with a good friend of mine,we had a good outing together and I have been hooked ever since!
    I spent all day today on the Salomonie , got at least 60 crappie but mostly dinks, only 15 good ones. My reason for saying all this, I really enjoyed most everybodys posts And how well u all stick together. I can tell u guys r pros, I m just a rookie but---- if your from northern Indiana,angola 2 S.Bend 2 bass lake 2 kokomo 2 summit all the way 2 brookville then u have Probably been buyin my bait. Because I m the bait man! Keep up the good work everone!
    Doug - got hooked on LUND!

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried Buck's in peru?? West on 224 off sr19 ...I believe I have the name right...gettin forgetful tho. They supply all our baitshops last I new.
    Fishy Fishy in da brook, come bite on Grandpa's hook!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep its Bucks

Post Thanks / Like

Yep it's Bucks but i'm almost certain he no longer a supplier. Was there a couple weeks ago and they didn't have any minnows, and Buck was talking about taking the truck to go pick up the minnows later that day.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

try addisons bait and tackle in bunker hill
    he sells his crappie minnows for 1.00 a doz. that includes taxes

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a lot of expense (electricity, food, various chemicals to prevent fungus, your time, etc.) just to save a few pennies on the dollar for minnows. Why bother with all that? I buy minnows for $2.75 / 3 dozen and Ed usually gives everyone 4-5 dozen for the 3 dozen price. It is just the way he does business. If you are ever in the area of Salamonie Reservoir stop in and see him. Here is his address:

Peace Pipe Bait & Tackle
    4975 S 1000 West,
    Andrews, IN 46702
    (260) 468-2768

Good Luck on raising minnows!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info on the "Bait Guy", Walleyepac.

I don't plan on raising minnows, just planning on buying minnows by the pound. Thus saving money on minnows purchased and saving gas and time driving out of my way to the bait shop...

Here is my old fish tank I dug out of storage:

The original idea was to use all my old equipment and keep minnows at my house to save time and money. After it's all said and done now, i'll have spent $60 in new better equipment for the dern fishtank and another $44 in minnows next week. I decided rather then buy a pound I would stock my boss' pond with minnows. Since that's the only way I can purchase minnows in bulk from a dealer. I can also toss my minnow trap in the pond to recapture some minnows back when needed.

So my little scheme really isn't saving me much money this year... Dern Ideas!!!

Al

Post Thanks / Like

was trying to throw out a suggestion. he is a bait and tackle shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michael addison View Post
    was trying to throw out a suggestion. he is a bait and tackle shop.
    I appreciate all the help and suggestion! May try that if all else fails, but would be further out of my way then Bucks, or Woody's.

Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast