Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada In Feb.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada In Feb.

Could anyone tell me what launch ramps will be usable in Feb. Some friends and I want to come and fish at that time and would like to know this info before we get there. Thanks.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada

Roger A, all the N. Ms. lakes are for flood control. If it doesn't rain a lot in late fall (like this year), they are now at minimum pool (little more than the original river channel for most of the lake area). The COE will start letting them refill at a controlled rate after Jan. 1. The rate of fill will be controlled by the amount of rain we get. For example, if we continue to have below average rains, the lakes will be very low in February. If we get a couple of major rains, they could be almost to summer pool because the COE would be holding back flood water.

In a nutshell, it is almost impossible to predict where the water levels for Grenada, Enid, Sardis, and Arkabutla will be in two months. Checking for lake levels and available ramps the week before your trip would give you a much better picture of areas that are fishable.

h2larry Guest

I am new to this site and I am intrested in fishing on the Sardis,Do you know any fishing guides? YOu seem educated on the area. thanks Larry

Post Thanks / Like

larry, let me know if you find a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

If anybody is interested in side-pulling, Roger Gant fishes Sardis some
    when he's not here - don't know his #, but he should be easy to get ahold
    of. He's out of Counce, TN I think he calls it "Super Pro guide service" but don't
    hold me to that... but he is good as they come if you like side-pulling hair jigs.
    Last edited by J White; 12-30-2005 at 09:08 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Guides

H2Larry, I do not know anyone who guides on Sardis, although there may be a few folks who do. The four N. MS lakes (Grenada, Enid, Sardis, Arkabutla) offer very few convenient places to stay, few boat docks, minimal guide services, and lake levels that can vary wildly in the spring.

If you can deal with these issues, the fishing ain't bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Rubin's Guide Service. If he hasn't retires. Fishing Sardis and Enid for over 30 years I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA
    Could anyone tell me what launch ramps will be usable in Feb. Some friends and I want to come and fish at that time and would like to know this info before we get there. Thanks.
    I went across Graysport and Gum's Crossing today and the lake is as low as I've seen it in a long time. You'd better check out the web (Vicksburg Corps District) before you come and see what the lake level is at that time. It is 193.5 right now and that is at least 5 feet lower than I like it but 10 more feet would be even better. I doubt you will find an open ramp except down close to the dam right now. I actually saw about a dozen cows standing where I caught fish in four feet of water last spring.