Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Rock bites! Fish didn't

Post Thanks / Like

Red face The Rock bites! Fish didn't

Put in at Flat Creek about 11:00 and fished hard until after 6:00 Had a few bumps early in the day, but no hook ups, then caught 2 short ones about 5:00
    Used both jigs and minnows. No one I talked to had caught more than a couple
    Water was up about a foot and was muddy to very stained depending where you went. Surface temp was 49 to 50º so the rain and snow cooled it down a couple of degrees
    Sure were a lot of Turtles out sunning today and one Spoonbill that scared the ©rap out of me! I had just drifted across the mouth of a small cove and was going try a bit farther out, so I kicked the trolling motor on. I guess a Spoonbill was right underneath the prop 'cause as soon as I stepped on the switch he shot up beside the boat and took of like a shot and even splashed water on me! Boy, that will wake you up!
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

you keep after it arlen you are getting close on the water temp. when it gets a little warmer I will come down and show you a few good spots to cast the banks. I promise. keep after them it will come

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Beagle.

I sure am getting discouraged. I came close to breaking out a crankbait and amusing myself with a few Bass today, but managed to say no to the dark side:D

The spawn will be fun, but when it's over it will be back to hunting for them again, so gonna need all the help I can get:o

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you are still chasing them... Don't let "The Rock" get you down. I am going to be hunting for them in the Shell Knob area starting next week and will probably join you in posting the unfavorable results.

Stay after those crappie... you will win!

Post Thanks / Like

I'v been fishing the Rock the last 6 years and havent cracked it's secret of getting a limit yet. As soon as I get my boat ready and start fishing I'll let you know and maybe we could meet and I'll show you some of my spots and areas Kitpapermouth and I dropped crappie condos and other spots I fish. I live in Cape Fair. As the water temp gets around 65-70 I do a lot of trolling for the suspended crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barn Dog

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    I'v been fishing the Rock the last 6 years and havent cracked it's secret of getting a limit yet. As soon as I get my boat ready and start fishing I'll let you know and maybe we could meet and I'll show you some of my spots and areas Kitpapermouth and I dropped crappie condos and other spots I fish. I live in Cape Fair. As the water temp gets around 65-70 I do a lot of trolling for the suspended crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Thanks Beagle.

I sure am getting discouraged. I came close to breaking out a crankbait and amusing myself with a few Bass today, but managed to say no to the dark side:D

The spawn will be fun, but when it's over it will be back to hunting for them again, so gonna need all the help I can get:o
    Put a pole out the front with a Capps and Coleman and throw a small crank bait. You'll pick up bass and crappie will hit them too.
    Standing in the Gap