Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default question?

what is tight lining and what is long line?

Post Thanks / Like

Tight lining is vertical fishing with a weight on your line that keeps it tight. Usually fished off the front of the boat. (I use a 1 oz sinker) With long lining (also called flat lining) you cast out behind the boat your favorite jig (tipped with minnow if you like) and drag it along anywhere from .5 to 2 mph.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default long lining

Some people call it tightline some call it spider rigging it is when you are fishing straight down without a float. When I tight line I use a 6 or 8 lb line and you can use jigs or live bait. 2 ways you can rig I like the lindy 3/4 oz flicker rig It is a pre tie and you just tie it to your line and your ready to fish these rigs are used live bait you can check them out at Lindy Fishing Lures – Home of Legendary Fishing Tackle or you can use jigs by placing a jig on your line drop down about 12" and use a egg sinker just loop it thru the egg sinker 3 or 4 times then drop down and tie another jig on the end. When you place your rig in water you want to move just fast enough to have a little angle on your line not much start at .4on gps and adjust from there. I spider rig with 8 poles out front I use the bnm 12 capps and colman rods.
    Long lining is when you cast a jig or grub back 30 or 40 feet behind the boat and troll about .7 to 1.2 with trolling motor your bait depth is controled by speed and jig size I use a 1/16 most of the time. I have up front on my right side 1-14' 1-12' and 1-10' and the same on the left throw your 10' first then the 12 and then the 14 have boat already moving and do not make sharp turns so you have to plan ahead where you will be turning. Out the back your partner can use 8 or 10' rods and just cast them straight back. My pole of choice is the bnm pro staff rods for this. Baits include lindy jigs and fuzz-e grubs I also like tube jigs when doing this. Hope this helps