Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Perdiction for stockton lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Spring Perdiction for stockton lake

turnback creek and big sac will be excellent for crappie and white bass. early as far up as 160 bridge. couple deep holes up there on the bends that tend to hold big crappie. white bass are always up there in the spring, if you like that action, meps,and grey jigs work well.

north of the ramp go left to first big cove on the south side BIG COVE not the small cuts. big crappie are already in there. the east side of the cove has some big stumps and brush about fifteen feet out from the band about 200 yds from the mouth, in the middle of the cove in a good hump that hold lots of fish. if you go to the back of the cove in the spawn, fish the north side first, it is usually the first to hold the early spawn. continue on west, the cove where the boat docks are is a good cove a little later in the spawn. and the point right north of the docks drops off fast from 5 to 35 ft. of water and the walley hold there a lot. big channel cats also. end.

now sons creek. anywhere is good. go get em.

mutton creek. always hit the state brush piles two are marked. and before the summer boats the back of mutton creek is good, sometimes real good. look for bass guys brush piles out in the middle of the cove, look in places that you would'nt think they would be. stay away from the two new dock.(the owner can get rude) friendly advice. comming out of mutton creek go to poing (7) new brush there and the drop off on both sides of the old road is awsome in the late july august bite long line trolling, (my favorite spot in the summer) really!!! on north never been there, but am going to this year. me buzzy and darrell are going to search new waters.

hope this helps some of you old guys and all of you newbies. enjoy your time on the water and the ole beagle is back with a vengeace.

ps I verry seldome fish the spawn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the info Beagle. I'm still going to make it to Stockton one of these days and the locations will be very helpful.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Great information!!! Thanks for posting it Beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish are not biting today! Stay home! :rolleyes: Better bite later in the week!

Post Thanks / Like

MR BEAGLE MAN, hi i an a newbe here and i have been looking at buying some rod holders from THe crappie killer have you heard or any one else for that matter any thing about these holders? i would rather buy from a self employed person than the big boys, they have enough money.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, with that kind of info I may have to give Stockton a try once I get my boat set up....Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...that"s some great info you are sharing with us....thanks a big one!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    turnback creek and big sac will be excellent for crappie and white bass. early as far up as 160 bridge. couple deep holes up there on the bends that tend to hold big crappie. white bass are always up there in the spring, if you like that action, meps,and grey jigs work well.

north of the ramp go left to first big cove on the south side BIG COVE not the small cuts. big crappie are already in there. the east side of the cove has some big stumps and brush about fifteen feet out from the band about 200 yds from the mouth, in the middle of the cove in a good hump that hold lots of fish. if you go to the back of the cove in the spawn, fish the north side first, it is usually the first to hold the early spawn. continue on west, the cove where the boat docks are is a good cove a little later in the spawn. and the point right north of the docks drops off fast from 5 to 35 ft. of water and the walley hold there a lot. big channel cats also. end.

now sons creek. anywhere is good. go get em.

mutton creek. always hit the state brush piles two are marked. and before the summer boats the back of mutton creek is good, sometimes real good. look for bass guys brush piles out in the middle of the cove, look in places that you would'nt think they would be. stay away from the two new dock.(the owner can get rude) friendly advice. comming out of mutton creek go to poing (7) new brush there and the drop off on both sides of the old road is awsome in the late july august bite long line trolling, (my favorite spot in the summer) really!!! on north never been there, but am going to this year. me buzzy and darrell are going to search new waters.

hope this helps some of you old guys and all of you newbies. enjoy your time on the water and the ole beagle is back with a vengeace.

ps I verry seldome fish the spawn
    you are the man beagle just need a meat stick in your hand

Post Thanks / Like

wtg good info

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree Beagle!!:D

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast