Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norman 3/20 Wore Em Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norman 3/20 Wore Em Out

Hit the water EARLY at 6 and it was still pitch black. Dropped two bundles of boo in some promising places Set up at the hot hole for the morning bite. I was still sick and was not feeling too well, so pops and whiskerwhipper helped catch some fish as well:p Started catching fish pretty fast. Caught perch there, as well as some stripers. Stayed there till about 9 or so. Caught plenty of fish there, and the fish had moved on. We headed to the R1 marker. Trolled over that point, but caught nothing. Whiskerwhipper was jigging a small spoon and he caught a perch. He was unhooking it as we were headed back to the hot hole. The pic of the boat is all the perch blood that was scattered going 30 mph!!!! Back at the Hot hole, caught a few more perch and a few more stripers. Pops caught a big striper, about 6lbs. Headed to the tried and true secret fishing cove, and tried to perch jerk. Caught a few, and whipper caught a yellow perch. Total catch: 5 keeper stripers, about 4 shorties thrown back, 4 blue cats, 9 white perch, and 1 yellow perch. NO SPOTTED BASS!!!! I was shocked. Good day on the water. The sunrise pic was across the lake, about an hour after we launched. There were birds working the shad also.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report. i know exactly where the 1st pic was taken :D
    the spots are shallow and bedding FINALLY.

im gonna hi-jack your thread and add my lil report too. i went last night and stayed out longer than i planned. threw my bait tank in the boat, and tried to net my own bait out there. I BE DAMMED if i threw my cast net once and got 200+ ALLL HERRING in the 4-6 inch range. needless to say the striper loved em!

limit of striper + several releases including a 27" piggy, kept 23 perch, and did the "stomp and release" on the others all this from dark til midnight.

woke up this morning, checked on my bait tank...all dead forgot to plug up the charger last night on a already run down battery!! oh well, ill get some next time!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good report guys....sounds like ya'll had a great time

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job and congrats on the good catches. Are those white perch good to eat? If so, what is the best technique for catching them. Might be interested in removing some of those buggers myself. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody told me the WP tasted just like crappie. I caught some on Harris and mixed acouple in with the crappie. IMO, they ruined the crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll put it to you like this.............the perch were gone 1st.

I burned me fingers cause I could not let them cool off any.:p Got eat right out the pan.

Whisker Whipper didn't get any.:D He filled up an blue cat nuggets.

I will quit crappie fishing if I know I can catch some eating size WP. Eating size= 7" and up. Fried whole and crispy, ranks up there with BSB, but not near triggers.
    I don't fish because I want to, I fish because I HAVE to !

Moma tried real hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Racoon View Post

I will quit crappie fishing if I know I can catch some eating size WP. Eating size= 7" and up. Fried whole and crispy, ranks up there with BSB, but not near triggers.
    ill agree with this quote!!

had a fish fry last night from the last days catch.

perch were gone first, followed by the striper.....had leftover crappie fillets
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree...I would prefer white perch fillets...then crappie for round two.