Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Geist Action

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geist Action

Ok fellow fisherman, im going out in the morn on geist for my first outing of the year. So ill keep u posted of my results. Lets share some input here, I can offer some insight on this great fishery.
    www.indianalandmanagement.net

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Saturday March 20th, got on the water at 9am, caught 2 fish that were over 12inches and four 10inchers. Water temp. was 49-50deg. I never fished water more than 10ft deep and was having consistent success at + or -4ft.
    All in all for my first outing of the year in the boat things went better than I thought. We caught a lot of smaller fish and had great weather to go along with it. Can't wait for next weekend things should get better as we move farther into spring.

Post Thanks / Like

good report thanks. your a tad warmer than we are up here. last time out i had 43-45*

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday March 27th, colder air and water temps slowed fishing down considerably. Although many fish were caught nothing bigger than 10inches claimed big fish honors, lots of little guys. I fished the same as i did on my first outing of the yr. as far as depths and bait. I would be willing to say that good friday would be a good chance for some quality fish this early in spring.
    If im able to make it out then ill post my results in the following days. Good fishing to all!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Friday April 2nd, i wasn't able to make it on the water till late 4:30pm today. The wind was very disturbing and the bite was slow to start. I fished my usual spots and failed to produce anything similar to my first two visits. So with day light running out I decided to pick up the pace on my quest. Water temps at first spot were 55/56 deg. and I was fishing 4 to 5 ft. of water. I decided to go look for some warmer shollower water somewhere out of the wind, and to my astonishment in an area I've never fished before played out in our favor. I managed to find 58/59 deg water max depth 3ft. and out of the wind. We had one fish measure 13" and a nice mess of 10inchers. The wind really challenged me, but once I got away from it the wamer shallower water provided good fishing. All of our lager fish were caught in shallow water with a bobber no more that 2ft deep.

Post Thanks / Like

WEnt there last thursday caught 70 all little first time and last time ill go to geist way to much to launch a boat and the water is nasty all that fertlizer that runs off the water from all those lawns and the empty summer houses.

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday was good me and the old man went out caught 20 keepers 10 to 12" almost all blacks in about 3 to 4' of water 2' down around the boat docks on minnows. Good day out for the first time in the new boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Well deep fry, thats 1 less for fisherman on the water at giest. Thats good for me. Good catch indyfisherman. I was out there on friday (along with 100 other boats). It was very tough to fish my good spots because of the wind, but ended up catching 101 crappie. (fish counter) All fish were caught and released. i was shooting jigs under docks 3-6FOW Not a bad day and the weather was great for april 2nd.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs