Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Jig Test

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Jig Test

Gathered up a few of each jig I have made and headed to the slack water channel below the dam this morning. Seemed like a good place to test em. Got there and discovered that it's impossible to launch a boat by yourself at that ramp in those low water conditions.....this is after I paid my $3 of course. I headed west to Bucksaw and got on the water around 8:20. Headed down river. Caught fish on every jig I tried except for 2! I prolly caught somewhere between 80 and 100 crappie with 35 to 40 of them being better than 10". Largest was 13.5". It was a test day and no crappie were kept. Below is a pic of the jigs that caught fish today with blk/char and blue/char being the most productive colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Gathered up a few of each jig I have made and headed to the slack water channel below the dam this morning. Seemed like a good place to test em. Got there and discovered that it's impossible to launch a boat by yourself at that ramp in those low water conditions.....this is after I paid my $3 of course. I headed west to Bucksaw and got on the water around 8:20. Headed down river. Caught fish on every jig I tried except for 2! I prolly caught somewhere between 80 and 100 crappie with 35 to 40 of them being better than 10". Largest was 13.5". It was a test day and no crappie were kept. Below is a pic of the jigs that caught fish today with blk/char and blue/char being the most productive colors.
    Glad you got to test drive them, Bob! Which two didn't catch anything? How's the clarity around Bucksaw and what was the water temp? Congrats again on your success!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Bob!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    Glad you got to test drive them, Bob! Which two didn't catch anything? How's the clarity around Bucksaw and what was the water temp? Congrats again on your success!
    Thanks. Found water between 46.8 to 48.9. Just a little bit dingier than normal. The bug and the tail dragger did not catch fish today. They are both Summertime baits anyways. Made the bug for the mayfly hatch. The tail dragger is for targeting the BIG late summer slabs that hide in the shade of trees.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Between 80-100! That is really great Bob. Glad to see your winter efforts are paying off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Thanks. Found water between 46.8 to 48.9. Just a little bit dingier than normal. The bug and the tail dragger did not catch fish today. They are both Summertime baits anyways. Made the bug for the mayfly hatch. The tail dragger is for targeting the BIG late summer slabs that hide in the shade of trees.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Camp should be real interesting.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

That's what I call a productive day on the lake!!!!
    Those baits all look excellent to me great job on um
    I would like to buy a few from ya if u will have any at camp

Post Thanks / Like

Atta boy Bob, glad to see that you effort is paying off. Heck of a report too.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty 79 View Post
    That's what I call a productive day on the lake!!!!
    Those baits all look excellent to me great job on um
    I would like to buy a few from ya if u will have any at camp
    Thanks, Smitty. I don't make em to sell. Will be glad to show ya how I make em tho.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast