Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I Don't Trout Fish

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why I Don't Trout Fish

One year my uncle calls me up, and says lets go trout fishing. We can sleep in your van over night, instead of getting up early, and be there to get a good spot. My reply was OK. This was my first time to try it.

My uncle came with his wife and 4 children, and with his boat in tow. Now I knew that where we were going to fish, that you couldn't put a boat in. But as you will see it was good that he did.

It was for the first day of trout in Pennsylvania. So on the night before, we packed my van, and his two oldest sons and left to sleep the night near the river. His watch got us up at 5:30 am and we ate breakfast and scouted the area to pick a good spot to fish from. We didn't have waders, so the bank would have to do.

Starting time was 7 am and we were waiting at our spot to commence fishing. So the time comes and we all cast our lines in. Within 10 minutes, sportsmen, if you want to call them that, with waders walked in front of us, out no more than 20 feet. They in effect blocked us from doing anymore casting.

My uncle got ticked off and said and they call themselves sportsmen, and I agreed with him. So I'm still reeling in, pretty close to shore, and not watching what he was doing. Next thing I know, my uncle says watch me now. He had tied on a treble hook and a big sinker. He was planning on hooking into some waders to get them out of our way.

I said uncle, look, don't do it. They want to be idiots, let them. You brought your boat, and it is a nice day. So we left and picked up the families and boat and headed to the lake. Everyone fished and we caught lots of crappie that day, and had a good time. TO me there is no better fishing, than to fish for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some people just don't care.

Know what you mean S-10. Years ago a buddy and I were fishin a local club bass tourney at Lake of the Ozarks. We were sitting about 25 yds off a secondary point in this big cove, carolina riggin. This guy on a jet ski comes flyin between us and the bank. Now this is no kid, it's a 30 or so year old man. Anyway he goes on around the point and out of sight, 5 mins. later on his way back and does it again. At this point I'm beet red . An hour later, you guessed it he does it again. This time when he's out of sight I get the heaviest rod I got out of the rod box, tie 3- 5oz. bank sinkers to the line and chunk it up on the bank and waited. I'm over 50 and have seen some funny things in my life, but the look on his face when he felt that line across his chest had to be the the hands down winner. His eyes were as big as dinner plates when he done a back flip off that jet ski. Last time we seen him he was cussin and goin to get his now beached jet. My buddy wanted me to troll over so he could womp him with a paddle but I thought he had been abused enough. so we left. this is kinda what he looked like

Post Thanks / Like

Default izzysfishin

I know what you mean about the wave runners! I do not fish the main lakes during the summer because of them. I had 2 of them one day coming right @ me and thought I was going to have to jump over board. They split and each went by me one on the left one on the right.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, seems like we dont just have that problem in here Florida. you can be fishing a line of mats or lilly pads or whatever, and retarded people on jet skis will fly right over the mats your fishing ong, betweek you and the shore, like 15ft for them to get through, and they'll just fly right by you like your not there, not to mention dropping a bomb your fishing spot.
    Stop Global Whinning!

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy, know what you mean down there on the Lake. It's a shame that someone with enough money to buy some of those boats can't buy a brain too! I would have loved to see that happen though. The guy got what he deserved. It's because of people like him that responsible people can't hardly have a beer while fishing anymore without being scared of jailtime. I hope the line left a permanent mark of him!

Post Thanks / Like

Lost a bumper once to a jet skier, You know the round things you put between the boat and the dock. For some reason when he went by me the second time and I knocked him of the ski with it he felt inclined to keep it. Few bucks was worth it to me, I never seen him close to others after that.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Who says a waterballoon auncher is only for bouse boats on powell or the great lakes? Get a water balloon launcher and take a 2 minute break from fishing and get some target practice next time they fly by. Worked for me, at least for the day

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rds

In S Georgia we have another system that keeps the water rockets in check...its called the RDS...it works very well. You ought to ask your DNR/WMR to install them in your state waters. Just ask for RDS..."Reptile Deterrent System". It is 100% effective.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my friend have been taking up a new sport, with the jet skiers. They have been buying wrist rockets, with ball bearings. They make good targets and it's sporting.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem while fishing a bass tournament on Lake Greenwood. We were running a bank and all of a sudden here comes a guy on a PWC. He got up near shore where we were headed and started playing. Well that was not a wise decision. Wy fishing partner goes about 260 lbs. and is not fat. He is as solid as an oak tree. He reached down and grabbed a rod with a 3/4 oz. spinnerbait and nailed the guy. He turned and started cussing out my partner and threatening him until he saw who was yelling at. Well my partner told him to come over and get him some. Needless to say the guy wised up and made a hasty retreat and we never saw him again. We are easy going people who do play well with others but this guy left us no choice but to defend our territory.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast