Piedmont Bass Classics & Team Crappie Results
March 13, 2010...Falls Lake~Ledge Rock Wildlife Ramp

TEAM BASS DIVISION:
What a great day! The rain quit around 4am, the wind died down, the sun came up and the fish
turned on! Even with Fisher's of Men at Harris and BFL at Gaston, we still had 11 great teams
show up to fish. It was short sleeve weather at the 3pm weigh-in and it was a good one. 8 out of
the 11 teams weighed in 83 pounds of bass. Believe it or not, the water temps were in the 60
degree range Saturday and the bass along with crappie, white perch, catfish and white bass came
to the bank in 1 to 4 feet of water. Best I could gather, the winning bag gorged on crankbaits and
others nibbled on jerk baits and spinnerbaits.
Falls has 'turned on' now and the spring bite has begun! I really want to thank BOATS UNLIMITED
for donating the $250 gift certificate to the winning team. Please support BOATS UNLIMITED
because they help support our tournaments! I also want to thank Barry Kleinfelter and his son
Blake for helping me with the weigh-in.
The next tournament will also be at Falls out of Ledge Rock Wildlife Ramp this Saturday the 20th.
CASTAWAY FISHING SUPPLY located in Smithfield will be donating another $250 gift certificate to
the winning team. Don't forget that the 1st Henry's Kids Project Youth Fishing Tournament will be
held at Jordan on the 27th of March. Call me or go to the mainpage website for
more information.
Now here are the results:

1st Place..T.J. & Grayson Defelice of Richlands..5 bass..26.20 lbs..$575 & $250 Gift Certificate from
BOATS UNLIMITED in Durham.
2nd Place..Bobby & David Matthews of Durham..5 bass..19.71 lbs..$305

Big Fish Award: 1st Place team above: 8.73 lbs...$110

TWT 1st Place: Tim & Ryan Wall of Clayton...6.59 lbs...$65
TWT 2nd Place: Todd & Jeff Sumner of Southern Pines...4.33 lbs...$35

1st Place Team of T.J. and his son Grayson walked away with $935 in total cash & prizes! Good job.

Next Piedmont Bass Classic & Team Crappie event: Saturday March 20th out of Ledge Rock
Wildlife ramp at Falls...Be There!
Only 1 boat showed up for the Team Crappie Division. They had 10 crappie that weighed 9.40 lbs.

Thanks again! Phil