Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spyder rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default spyder rigs

i know you guys have posted about the brand of spyder rigs you use, i thought i saved it but cant' find it please help. THanks

Post Thanks / Like

What specifics are you wanting to know?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I use B-Ready rod holders, double jig set up caps and coleman, 11,12 and 14 ft. rods. 1/4 to 1/2 oz. sinker on the bottom,

also I do the straight two or three jig rig on 3or 4 11ft. poles, no special poles, outlaw and wally marshall. I call it slow trolling some times I dont put weight on the bottom with just jigs, I dont use minnows much except in the summer time July/August luck to you

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster rod holders + 8 -- 12ft B&M trolling rods double jig or add some weight for minnow rigs.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two Perrotti rod holders set ups that each hold 4 rods. I am now using the 12 ft. B&M pro staff trolling rods. Two 1/8 oz jigs most times or two minnow hooks with a 3/8 oz weight below the hooks. Sometimes a combonation of a jig on bottom and a minnow on top. I it is windy or you want to move faster you can add more weight to keep the line vertical. I am experimenting with crankbaits this year. Pushing Bandits and traps with 3 oz weights under them. They say it can not be done on Truman. Guess we will find out.

Post Thanks / Like

well thanks alot for the info i have never done it before so i am going to pick out a rig and learn. i try to glean as much as i can of this board so i will have a idea how to do it.thanks alot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging

I'm new to this spider rigging also, have tried it twice and both times I've been hung up and broke off. Using 1/16 oz jig heads tied about 18" apart ( two per pole ) with 3/4oz lindy sinkers on 10' B&M poles with 8 lb test. Trolling at #1 speed 12v, lowest setting. What am I doing wrong?
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

Break offs are just a part of spider rigging if you're fishin an area with wood cover try to find some open water fish to learn the ropes,my guess is you could be going too fast even on #1 speed try dragging a chain,drift sock or bucket to slow you down a bit as well,i went to a variable speed tm and it made all the difference in the world.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Like Bugs said

Quote Originally Posted by mongo82 View Post
    I'm new to this spider rigging also, have tried it twice and both times I've been hung up and broke off. Using 1/16 oz jig heads tied about 18" apart ( two per pole ) with 3/4oz lindy sinkers on 10' B&M poles with 8 lb test. Trolling at #1 speed 12v, lowest setting. What am I doing wrong?
    find clear water and troll into the wind. Most of the time you can see the snag and simply let off the trolling motor and let the wind un tangle. 3/4 oz weight is a little heavy as well. I use 1/2 if using bare hook and minnows and 3/8 if I am using jigs. What pound test are you using? I have 10# main line with 8# leaders.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

I pre-tie my leaders with 8lb. flourocarbon line using dropper loops spaced 12" apart with a 3/4 oz. sinker on the bottom . I use a swivel to tie to the main line . If I break off , I can re-tie in seconds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast