Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sat. crappie action

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat. crappie action

Headed out sat. am to go crappie fishing with Gduck the wind was already blowing so we switched up where we were going to go to a more protected spot . We ended up with 38 crappie,3 green carp- aka bass and numorous bluegill . We caught most on chart. ballzy jigs on 1/32 jig heads water temp. was 42 , 10 feet of water last of the flood tide was best. Went this am. (sun.) to meet a buddy to get some tackle he had for me and hit a dock I could get on for some quick fishing and ended up getting 6 crappie and 1 bass in 1 1/2 hrs. on 1/16 jigs with 2 1/2'' fin-s.

Post Thanks / Like

any pics,,, sounds like a good morning

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up with no pics , I got a new camera for christmas just for that too I gotta start taking more photos . Posted some pics once still not very good at that I'm a low tech redneck:D . My buddy Gduck post some off his phone sometimes if ya go back on the board to this past fall you'll se some of our pics. The fish we caught this week were fair in size kept about 20 of the 38 which were 10''-12 1/2'' wanted enough for a good dinner let the rest go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    Cleaned up with no pics , I got a new camera for christmas just for that too I gotta start taking more photos . Posted some pics once still not very good at that I'm a low tech redneck:D . My buddy Gduck post some off his phone sometimes if ya go back on the board to this past fall you'll se some of our pics. The fish we caught this week were fair in size kept about 20 of the 38 which were 10''-12 1/2'' wanted enough for a good dinner let the rest go.
    Heres some pictures from last week in the same spot of one of the nicer ones, we actually did not kill this fish, we took it and 4 or 5 of its buddies to another pond spot we fish, figured we would get some different genes in the pool,or should I say pond?
    I also had this picture taken for a friend of mine way up on the st lawrence river on the canada border, he claims the only crappie he ever caught in the st lawrence was big enough to go accross the bottom of a bucket so thought id show him one big enough to go accross the top of the bucket. I feel bad for him his fishing up there has changed so drasticly over the last few years with the zebra mussells and gobis that hes really frustrated since thier style of fishing is really gone? Some changes are not good.
    Im surprised tear-em up did not tell you all about my new found dock shooting skills?? We were talking about Md Crappies doing alot of dock fishing and he told me about how some guys dock shoot so i tried it with my 5ft ultra light ugly stick and new diawa reel i just got. Well I proved to be an instant expert if I do say so myself, I actually caught a nice crappie on the 2nd shot i sent into the structure we were fishing that we were having a hard time getting bobbers into with jigs. Then I continued shooting away for another hour or so and caught a couple more crappie some sunnies and a millroach, was enjoying myself and catching fish. Well I think tear-em up was half speechless watching my shooting skill, and I was enjoying my self immensly with my new skill, so when he said lets pack up and go i needed to pull the front anchor and reached over to put my new weapon in the holder and dropped it right over the side?? All that precise shooting I was doing and missed the rod holder by a mile? Unfortunatly had no snagging hooks to retreive it so maybe get it back next time, other wise hope my shooter rests in peice!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

whow g duck that is a tear jerker i sure hate to hear about losing that rod and reel my buddie did almost the same thing last year on the lake with me only thing is we both seen it fall off the boat and we both kinda lunged to get it we was on his 14 ft bass tracker wow them things feel like they will tip over with two grow men darting for one side needless to say we never got the rod and it floated to its slow grizzly death 38 ft below the surface in davy jones locker . but we did laugh about it eventually that day for me 3 days later for him lol.

but great catch and hope you guys don't catch em all before the ice melts or i'll get nuthen lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland