Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Found where they weren't on the Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Found where they weren't on the Rock

Went to point 15 area and fished hard from 10:00 til 5:00 today and only had one keeper. Ran up the James to Asher Cain and saw several boats, but no one was having much luck there either. Lots of wrapped Bass boats out today so they must be pre fishing or have a tournament going.

Just now got a call from a friend telling me that several people were limiting out on both Crappie and White Bass just before dark at Asher Cain. Looks like I quit too early! Going back Friday, so if anyone has any pointers, please let me know. I'm new at this Crappie game and need all the help I can get!
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

well sir you are finding out what several of us have found out the last 2 1/2 years have found out, the tablerock crappie have been a bit slow in response to our catching them, wooley creek cove is good in the spring, piney creek also, eagle rock area and rock creek over on the white river side is good also, just not as good as most of the other lakes in the area. hope to try table rock in the near future, down with a cold right now. so no fishing for a few days,

now on the flat just east of point 15 100 yards or so is good for slow trolling a couple poles out each side of the boat, fishing just up off the bottom, minnows or jig. I hear of a guy catching a few up a little shallower than most are fishing. try it, also virgin bluff and the bluff by the cape fair boat dock the one that runs west is always good in the spring, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Beagle

Thanks for the info Beagle. When you recuperate from the cold and want to go catch a few, just let me know:D

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

After you make the turn to go to point 15.....Might try the bluff on the left also....usually boats in there.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I will let you know, got up this am and no coughing or hacking as it were, i will get ahold of you and we can meet and greet over a cup of joe. I will bring maps and show you a spot. (super secret) up the james and flat creek,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Beagle PM sent

Sending a PM