Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Lochloosa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Lochloosa

Well i took time off of work, drove from atlanta to gainesville and started fishing dec. 8th on lochloosa. There are no fish in this lake, unless you like mudfish and 4 inch crappie. this is just my frustrated opinion. fished from the 8th - 11th and had no keepers worth anything. we were on the water with 10 other boats and no one caught a thing. word is that orange lake is the place to be this year. every single person i ran into said that lochloosa is dead this year and after fishing for four days i believe they are right. all in all though a bad days fishing is better than a day of work, and a vacation never hurts. i just wish we could have caught some fish
    -matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crooked Lake

Crooked Lake is slow too for crappies and the bass also mid day, but 2 hrs before sunset I can catch a mess of nice bass. The fish were feeding heavy from Aug. thru Nov. then the water temperture dropped from 85 degrees to 65 degrees pretty fast ( month or so). Once the water temp stops dropping and a warming front settles in the fish will come back on the feed.

The fishing reports in local newspaper here in central florida all report poor fishing and low weights on the bass tourneys so it is just a weather thing.I'm guessing a week or two and the fish should start adjusting to the colder water. The deep phosphate pits are the only spots I know of that had good numbers of crappies , but size was small.