Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Had It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry I've Had It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've had it with lowrance custmer service and lowrance!!!!!!!!!!!. i have a x25c on the bow of my boat and this is going into the 3rd yr i had it in dec 08 had to send it in for the gps so the fixed it and sent it back worked great for a month and the the screen goes out of it so called them back up and talked to linda when she was still there and sent it in and they gave me a new one to replace it so i was very happy with that 3 wks after getting the new one had to send that one in for the same thing screen went out of it even tho it was a new one the warrenty didnt apply to it so had to pay for the fix so i went out last tuesday to hook it up and load my new maps that i made with all the new piles and the new updat well i hooked it up and then its started popping and makeing sum nosie so i shut it off for a few min. then turn it back on and then it started to smoke and then nothing so called lowrance on wed and said send it in and it would be covered under the warrenty so i was very happy with it so yesterday i was checking my bank account i noticed that lowrance/navco took out $527 so called them today and see what was going on..... so after being on hold for 45 min a guy pick up and i told him what was goin on and put me back on hold then sumone else picked up and told me that he didnt know why they did that so he transfered me to sumone else... then a ladie talked to me for 10 min and back on hold then the frist guy picked up again and then he told me that i was being charged for this repair and then told me that when linda work there she should have charged me for the new unit that i got for a replacement the frist time and shipping for both units.........so i had sum words for him and i told him not to fix it and just send it back and i would go out and buy a hummingbird.....so they would credit back the cost of this uint and shipping but still be charged with the old uint.....so being on the phone for ahour and half and being p@#$ed off with them i get a call at 430 tonight and it was the lady from lowrance and she said that she has sum bad news for me..... so what can be worse now!!!! she tells me that they have MISPLACED it and that they will be looking for it but if they cant find it that they will send me a new one but they dont make a X25c any more so they will send a uint that is close to or a upgrade unit with a cost of $100 so i told them just to keep it and its not worth my time and hassle of dealing with them

sorry its so long i just had to rant and rave a bit so i hope no one else have to deal with them like this and let you all know how lowrance treats ppl these day

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to say. I am just shaking my head in disbelief. Apparently you had purchased what you thought to be a quality unit, would have probably purchased more of their products in the future, but now have such distain for them that you feel sincere buyers remorse. Pain, nothing but more money and pain when something doesn't work.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya got nothing to lose now..spend a couple minutes and write a letter to the president of the company and anyone else(don't e-mail)..thats too much money/time/aggravation your out..stick with it.

That sucks big time-sometimes ya gotta get past the front level of workers.

Post Thanks / Like

how were they able to take money out of your bank account without your permission ?

Post Thanks / Like

Geeeeez! What a mess.....hope you get it worked out. Have heard a lot of folks cuss lowrance cust. service. They seem to be great units as long as they are working.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your experience with Lowrance but they offered you an upgrade for a 4+ year old unit for $100? I can understand you were upset but that's not a bad deal.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Good number of folks miss Linda, hopefully it goes better. If they've credited you back for incorrect charges you are at least ok there, pissed but ok. Don't blame you, I'd take a logging chain thru their front door and start taking out ofice equipment if they charged my account without telling me. What unit did they offer because what you have now is a red butt and a toasted unit? Hang in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rrluke View Post
    how were they able to take money out of your bank account without your permission ?
    u have to send in your c.c # so they can bill you for your shipping and for the 200 service so they had my account for this service and shipping so they billed it without telling me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    Sorry for your experience with Lowrance but they offered you an upgrade for a 4+ year old unit for $100? I can understand you were upset but that's not a bad deal.
    they wanted to replace it with a hds 5 yea its a nice unit but 3 yrs ago i paid close to 1500 for the X25c and the hds 5 are only 500 - 700 so thats what im upset about. yes it would be a new unit but i had 2 newx25 and they both shoot craps with in 6 mo of using them

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get your money back? if you did good for you,now go buy that humminbird

If you didnt, Get your butt to the bank and tell them his was an unauthorized transaction and demand the bank take appropriate action.

Then find an attorney friend and have him/her write a letter to Lowarance president informing him of your mishap and the very poor customer service and the way you were treated and the intention of filing a claim in court for the false and fraudulant bank transaction..

Then sit back and see how long it takes for you to get your money back, either your unit that you sent in or a new one and an apology letter from the prez..

Even if nothing happens, it would still be enjoyable to know that when the Lowrance prez opened that letter from the attorney and read it, you could almost feel his Bhole pucker up, and the satisfaction of knowing that somebody at Lowrance, namely the customer service people you dealt with will be getting a butt chewing:cool
    ugliest crappie you ever seen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast