Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I'm green in Tulsa

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm green in Tulsa

Hey Guys, I'm knew in Tulsa... a Georgia boy who loves to crappie fish... we always called 'em specs in Ga. Anyway, I'm looking at Oologah. I've been there and caught a few aroud a dock at the state park (near the dam). I'm thinkin' about going to Winganon Road, East ramp or Winganon ramp. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you are implying fishing out of a boat? Winganon is probably a good bet right now. I would also suggest Spencer creek area, lots of brushpiles there and not too hard to find in 18' - 22' of water.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't launch a boat at Wiganon if the wind is up and out of the W or N. I have heard horror stories of the wind swamping boats while trying to load. This time of year, launching at Red Bud or Hawthorne is one of the better bets. Try fishing the N face of the island across from Red Bud, or, the steep bluffs down the West bank of the lake. There are a couple of small, but nice coves on the west bank. Southern points, on the west bank have been hot as well. Crappie could be from 12' down, to 30' depending on time of day, and particular area. We'll have to get together sometime, I live less than 3 miles from the dam.
    Spencer Creek is a good location. I was involved helping the Corp drop brushpiles in and around Spencer this last summer. There were a total of 96 new brushpiles put in that day.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Specktater to this Okie site there are some really nice guys here that arent tight lipped at all about helping someone find fish I live in east Broken Arrow and fish both Ft Gibson alot and Oolougaha as well I been seer hunting as of lately but gonna pick up the poles again soon