Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Lake info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Lake info

Can anyone tell me of a few good area's on the lake to look for crappie. I'm coming up on Saturday and I'd like a direction to go. I may launch at Mutton Creek. What is the best area of the lake to find numbers? Are yall fishing timber along channels or are you searching for brush piles?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated. This will be a vacation of sorts for me. I love fishing new water!!
    Thanks Missouri!!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

J T......I would try channels and channel edges in the larger coves and feeder creeks....this pattern has been pretty constant this winter...You may find muddy water if you travel too far up-lake...... Should be plenty of fish in and under shad schools.....Good Luck.........
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

I have not fished out of Mutton in awhile since every time I have tried it has had ice. We had a lot of rain Sunday. The fish have not been relating to timber or brush piles but are in channels feeding on Shad. With the rain I would think Mutton would be a good area. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

How about colors. What color jig seems to work best for you? Can you buy bait at the Mutton Creek Marina? Sorry for all the questions. I appreciate it!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Shad colored jigs are a good choice and I have been using smaller baits. I have been using some of the jigs Alwaysfishin has but I do not know the name. I have also been using some Bobby Garland bady shad in ice blue on a 1/16oz jig with blue, orange, or lead head. I am not sure if Mutton Creek Marina is currently open so I would plan on bringing jigs with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Lackey's bait and fuel 417-694-8012. Located on hwy 123 south of aldridge, for live bait.My best luck has been with white/chart. pumpkin/chrt.pepper 1/16 oz jig. Find shad and find the crappie.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

Tough day on Stockton today, started Mutton Creek area....Trouble finding shad and fish........Moved to Little Sac arm finally found schools but wind tore us up.....Had 17 keepers on pearl and pink/white sling baits........32 to 42 fow......
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are great! I appreciate it. I can stock up with the right color bobby garland baits down here before I head up there. Everything down here is primarily black/ char or chartreuse.
    Mutton Creek is open. I talked to them today. They should have minnows right?
    Thanks.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper