Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix boats

Post Thanks / Like

Question Phoenix boats

I am finally ready to purchase a nicer boat this year and I saw one at the St. Louis show that really caught my eye with all of the standard options it has. It is made by Phoenix boats, the one I am looking at is an 18.5 footer. The company has been around for only two years. I've looked at what I could on the internet and have heard nothing but good so far. Do any of you have anything to pass along about these boats?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Try looking at a site called Bass Boat Central.
    While its a bass fishing site, it is a wealth of information, & they have a section for each boat manufacturer, where owners of thos boats post and are more than willing to pass on their knowledge.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Shockley32 had a friend who worked at a boat dealer who I believe was going to start selling these. may be able to contact him or search the LOZ boat dealers. The were located around LOZ. Another good place to look is on bassboatcentral.com. My cousin was looking at them for bass fishing. Lots of options for the money. They seemed a little narrow through the front deck to me. Some one on here will have some experiance with them to share with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thank You

Thanks, I will check out that site. Eberlin boats in Hermann, Mo. is the only one I know of right now that is selling them somewhat close to St. Louis.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the URL for that forum on BBC.

Phoenix / Bee Line Boats: BBC Boards

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that has one. I will contact him & see what he has to say about them.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a very fine boat guru here and will give his thoughts, but my $.02. With the state of the boat industries right now, I would be cautious of a new boat company. Not to say there are not quality equipment but there have been numerous quality boat companies that no long exist. I look at St. Louis craigslist daily and they have some very fine used boats in that area. Good luck.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polskyboy View Post
    Thanks, I will check out that site. Eberlin boats in Hermann, Mo. is the only one I know of right now that is selling them somewhat close to St. Louis.
    Those look like nice boats, but I gota tell you that Eberlin's has the worst customer service you can get. My boat sat there in the weather for 2 weeks and was never worked on. I called 3 times to check on it during that time and was told the last time that they "lost" the work order. I think they will be more than happy to sell ya one, but working on it, forget it!! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Several things here to think about but ultimately you have to choose what you want.
    I personally would NEVER buy a new boat. I have owned many and shop hard for deals which you can find if you are patient. I keep them a year or two and flip them for a profit or for what I have in it.
    I have had I think 10 brands of boats all having their pros and cons. I was in a 7 series Phoenix this fall. The boat ran well 79gps with 250. The ride was pretty good (not great but good). The fit and finish was pretty darn good I must say. The price point is good for sure. I also would be a bit scared of such a new company. With so many of the large manufacturer fighting to survive I wonder how long a new company will do. If I was going to have the boat a long time then resale would not be as big an issue. I can tell you when companies go under the value of the boats plummet.
    Procraft reminds me a lot like Phoenix. Very good boats at a very good price. Procraft is no more due to tracker downsizing. They made a dang good boat for years at a danger good price. Resale was always a issue for them and now being out of business the resale fell even more. For an example, I picked up a 07 procraft 19' with a 200 optimax (warranty on merchant till 2012) for $16k last month.
    I guess to sum it up, I was pretty impressed with the boat so I would not be scared of the product. Just understand where you might be when it is time to resell.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to my friend this am & he said the ride is as close to a champion as he's ever been in. He has a 21 ft 250 Pro xs & said its a great boat. He said it fish's great loads easy & loads of storage in it. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast