Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Billbob & others who own truck campers

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Billbob & others who own truck campers

I know there are several here than can answer a few questions..

Doris & I purchased a Palomino Bronco 1251 and have to travel to IN to pick it up...This is not a camper like the big boys have but we think it will suit our needs..Below are a couple of items that will come with the camper and I have no idea about things such as tie downs, air bags,etc..If you would just look over these items and tell me if they are OK or should I request upgrades, etc..Thanks to Billbob, Shellback, Vonna that have help us make up our minds.
    I know JWhite & Shiloh Red will think this camper is a toy...:D

The below is from an email sent to us from the dealer..I did not include the standard items, just the add ons..

Thanks for any input...;

$595 Airbags

$795 A/C Installed

$60 18" Hitch Extension (for towing the boat)

Tork Lift Combo w/cord & Turnbuckles

There is warranty information attached.

We do not have dealer fees, doc fees, title or registration fees. Your camper comes Pre-Delivery-Inspected, with full L.P. tanks, and a walk-through with our techncians. I try to be pro-active so there are no 'hidden' fees when you pickup; it is better for my customers that way!
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 Palomino on a Ford F250 with overload springs and no reason for the air bags. It just touchs the overload springs so I don't know if you would need them. You might have them put it on your truck to see if you need airbags. You can always add them later if needed. You will like the way it handles in strong wind.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a 95 model. We like our truck camper for mobility but not alot of room. Also make sure the bath room is big enough to close the door when you are using the toilet. We are not extra large people so if you are big forget closing the door. Our slide in is 11 1/2 feet. Very stable on our F350. Be very careful crossing dips and low places at an angle because it wont's to rock off your truck.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you might not need air bags and they will leak after a while what part of in. are you comming to???? and when???
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed , you knew the new style abbreviation for your state.....

Quote Originally Posted by billbob View Post
    you might not need air bags and they will leak after a while what part of in. are you comming to???? and when???

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a sweet set up. When it's folded down, how far above the cab does it stick up?