Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: jigging reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default jigging reels

I am curious what style reels most folks are using on their 10' and longer rods?

Post Thanks / Like

I have always been partial to quantum's. There are a lot of guys on here that swear by the pfluegers, I haven't used them so I can't say one way or another. Has to be spinning for me though.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's not Shimano, it ain't sheeet!

Post Thanks / Like

Not really looking for brands. I have several buddies that use those little baitcaster looking reels designed for verticle jigging. I personally take a azz whooping everytime I try those. LOL. I have to do the spinning reels

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the Quantum Optix on my rigging rods. But have used the small baitcast reels for dipping. I bought a Wally Marshall last year that is $20 at Bass Pro. It is set up just like a big bass one. It has the star drag, push button spool release and a spool tension knob. I can cast a 1/8 oz jig with it if I needed to. Little more money than the other mini baitcasters but well worth the extra $10 to have one that last.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seen your new post. The Quantum Optix have did me well for the last few years. They run between $20 and $24 depending where you get them. If you are looking at buying a few of them at one time I may be able to get you a deal on some. More like the $15 price range.

Post Thanks / Like

for me, only spinners. and the longer the pole, the cheaper the reel cuz it gets used less...
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with camo boat on this one. Cheapest spinning reel I can get since I just use it to store line. I can always find a bunch at garage sales and never pay more than $5-$10.