Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Neuse River?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neuse River?

Anyone run the Neuse much, say from Ferry bridge up?

Anything to look out for running a prop other than the logs, any bad spots?

Post Thanks / Like

are you talking about ferry bridge near goldsboro?

Right now water is probably full of floating logs/debris. When it is normal level it can be real shallow and will vary from sand, mud and rock. what size boat you thinking?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi todobien, thanks for the reply.

I'm running a G3 1860 with a 60hp Yamaha. It actually runs pretty shallow for a prop. I moved here in 2008 and am still learning places to go. Live in Princeton so looking for whats close by. I've got a 1 1/2 yr old daughter and a boy on the way around the first of april, so looking for what I can get away with close to the house.

I plan on fishing Jordan and Harris as much as I can this year. I'll fall back on Buckhorn quite a bit, just looking at what else is around close and its just a couple minutes to the Neuse. I live right next to Holts pond but haven't had any luck getting on it.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

you need to go on down to Goldsboro and put in running up from Ferry bridge if you do not know that stretch of river you can real easy lunch a lower unit it is tricky but you have good running below goldsboro towards kinston or on down around cowpen landing be careful
    may god send you calm sea,s and southwest winds