Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil Fishies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lil Fishies

I asked if anyone had heard of a soft plastic called lil fishies, a few weeks ago , but did'nt have any pics. I got my buddy from upstate NY to send me some,so I have some pics now. We ordered about 300 of each, in 10 or so colors, in the late 80's. Im sure they were made in AL, TN, Miss, GA area. Has anyone seen or used these and can you still buy them. I have 2" and 3" in about 8 colors right now ( about 20 of each). We tore up smallmouth and panfish on them back then. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Culprit(http://www.bigbitebaits.com/minnowmain.htmUsed to) makes a Dead-Ringer of that bait;So does Big Bite Baits;Those baits are not Lil'Fishies,made by Creme...Hope this helps http://www.cremelure.com/store/store...&Category_ID=2
    Last edited by Dogrockit; 02-13-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Creme Lit'l Fishie

Creme Lures - Lit'l Fishie Original

It looks like they've changed the design from the ones you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dogrockit. Those are the very baits I was looking for. They were called lil fishies by the guy who sold them back then, may not have been the real name. Good all around soft bait with great action.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the original ones are Made down the road from Me at Creme Manufacturing here in Texas they don't look like those.
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by flatfish46 View Post
    Actually the original ones are Made down the road from Me at Creme Manufacturing here in Texas they don't look like those.
    The ones made by Creme in Tyler, Tx. are "Lit'l Fishie" not Lil' Fishie.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a pack at the old tackle store in Decatur Al., a few months ago, these were a cool looking blue color, which is one of the best for Guntersville. I'll give 'em a try, the package had a lot of dust on it, must have been sitting around for a long time, the guy at the desk gave it a good look when I brought it up, like he didn't even know they had them, and I told him it looked like a threadfin shad to me and he nodded. It's that first tackle store on the left as you come across the bridge in decatur from Huntsville.
    James 1:5

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, The first time we bought them was 1983, my dad sez. They were from a friend of my cousin from the South. He called em lil fishies but that may not have been their true name. My dad said they came in the mail in bagies, so who knows who first made them. At that time I was a member of a club called Ontario Anglers. We all caught the dickens out of walleyes, smallie, panfish with them. I'd love to know where bigbite lures gets them or where they bought the molds. They are a great minnow lure.

Post Thanks / Like

the minnow baits in the pic are bobby garland swimming minnow....Creme Lures makes the real lil fishies
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKillerJigs View Post
    the minnow baits in the pic are bobby garland swimming minnow....Creme Lures makes the real lil fishies
    yep.
    Reel foot yankee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast