Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: thanks speckhunter

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks speckhunter

thanks for the info im trying to find a lake close to home to play at without having to go all the to wappapello. I dont always have access to a boat.
    have u ever been up to perry county consevation lake by perryvillle. Looks really good but ive never tryed it.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Anytime. P.M. sent

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Used to fish Perry county Lake a lot. Nice bluegill ball dinks for crappie (lots of them)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing here, you can go to Perry Co. lake and catch 6-8 inch crappie in big numbers, but you can see through them. I have the same dilema in that I live in Jackson, and there isn't a lake anywhere within an hour drive that the fishing is what I would call consistent where you can catch good fish. I'm not even a big believer in Wapp. being a place where you can catch 10"+ fish consistently. Supposedly that has changed a little, but since that lake is still 1hr 20min drive for me, I just drive the extra 15 minutes and drive to Reelfoot when I want to fish for crappie. I have found myself driving over to Kinkaid a lot lately when I want to fish. You can catch HUGE muskies in the spring (Feb.- April, I fish for these when its too windy to fish for crappie or walleye where I want to on the lake, lots of wind protected coves), some walleyes (Feb. and March, trolling cranks in the summer) and can catch some good crappies pretty much all year however the laws in IL are a little different for spider riggin' (only three rods per person). I have really started to chase the sauger and walleyes in the rivers (diversion channel, castor, and black). It took me several times and almost 3 years to get them figured out to the point where I can catch 5 or more (with a couple of 15"+ keepers per time) consistently and not have to drive too far from the house. Although the Black River is a long ways, that is where you can really catch the big fish. http://walleyecentral.com/tenpoundclub/?state=MO That's not me in the pic. and I don't know the guy, (and I haven't caught anything bigger than 6lbs yet) but the big walleye are in the waters around here if you want to put in the time.
    Last edited by SEMOmike; 02-13-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SEMOmike