Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Doggoneblameit

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Doggoneblameit

Forcast for tonight

-----------------------
    After getting between 1 and 5 inches of snow Tuesday, Allen County remains under a Level 3 winter weather advisory for unincorporated portions of Allen County until further notice. Up to 2 inches of additional snow and possible drifting on roadways are predicted by the National Weather Service.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

These constant waves of cold and snow sure are putting a hold on the soft water season. It may warm up after next week and some of the rivers may start to open in 3 weeks or so.
    Doug - got hooked on LUND!

Post Thanks / Like

3" more coming Sunday down here, that should add to the 6 to 8" we already have on the ground. Spring looks further away each week!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I ain't ready for Ice Fishin' Season to be over with yet. Last year I was fishin' a foot of ice on the first day of spring, March 21st. Fished again the 22nd, and a week later the ice was all but gone and they were open water fishin' out of boats.

This was on Houghton Lake in Michigan tho...

-Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterJeff View Post
    I ain't ready for Ice Fishin' Season to be over with yet. Last year I was fishin' a foot of ice on the first day of spring, March 21st. Fished again the 22nd, and a week later the ice was all but gone and they were open water fishin' out of boats.

This was on Houghton Lake in Michigan tho...

-Jeff
    As long as it doen't come south of you, than I hope you get all the ice you want, I need some warm stable weather!!!!!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be an interesting year. When I fished with the Michiana Walleye Club a few years back we had a tournament scheduled for the last weekend of March on Lake of the Woods in Bremen. At the club meeting the first Saturday of the month, it was announced the lake still had 6+ inches of ice and should we consider making a change. A club member said that in the 45 years he had been living and grew up on LOTW, there had never been any ice left after St. Patrick's Day. Sure enough, by the 3rd weekend the ice was gone, we prefished it on the 23rd, and the last Sunday of the month a limit was caught in 38 degree temps with lake effect snow coming at us sideways. Can't wait.
    Doug - got hooked on LUND!

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, sorry its time to get the boats out again. Wish the stuff would be gone by valentines day.