Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "welding" plastic jig bodies to jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default "welding" plastic jig bodies to jig

How does everyone keep their plastics from slipping down the jig hook after a few fish....I thought I saw something the other day on another site about an electric device that Zaps them and "welds" it to the hook...really dont want to use a glue....
    Duane

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whackmaster View Post
    How does everyone keep their plastics from slipping down the jig hook after a few fish....I thought I saw something the other day on another site about an electric device that Zaps them and "welds" it to the hook...really dont want to use a glue....

Here is a picture of a jig like I use with leadhead inside of tube with eye only pushed through.
    Last edited by NIMROD; 02-10-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whackmaster View Post
    I use big tubes and load leadhead inside. A little lube(scent) helps slide it in and then pop eye of leadhead out of tube. Only disadvantage is must retie to change tubes. But with light line I retie often. Usually catch lots of fish without tube slipping, if it dies it is torn up anyway.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

superglue works well for me

Post Thanks / Like

Super Glue works pretty good except for the fact of gluing your fingers to the grub!

Post Thanks / Like

Default simple answer

I use a superglue-works like a charm. put plastic right where you want it, then apply just a bit of glue at the front end of the plastic. No need to apply to bare hook before putting on the plastic.
    ----why are you opposed to using glue??????
    Last edited by naildriver; 02-10-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added some info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naildriver View Post
    I use a superglue-works like a charm. put plastic right where you want it, then apply just a bit of glue at the front end of the plastic. No need to apply to bare hook before putting on the plastic.
    ----why are you opposed to using glue??????
    Only opposed for the mess factor, and the fact that I thought I saw a better way of doing it. I use mighty mites and jigs similar to that type alot and I really need a better way of keeping the plastic on the jig hook. Super glue might have to be the way....guess I might just have to be careful....
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

just don't drink a ton of coffee before hand. Steady hands make a world of difference

Post Thanks / Like

I like the super glue with the brush in it, as I usually have a couple cups of coffee every morn!!! actually I like to make mine ahead of time and trimmin the front of the body seems to make'em stick longer. they usually use some type oil on'em an the glue sticks better if ya remove this. the brush also works well for repairin bodies when the fish tear them up. but I've found that usuin forceps or pliers to remove the hook will make the bodies last longer too.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink When I "used to" use glue ...

... I found that Loctite Superglue Gel was a much better option than the brand name (or off brand) "Superglue" in tubes.
    This is what I'm referring to - Sam's Club - Loctite Goof Proof Squeeze Grip Super Glue and I would just put a tiny dab on the jighead (where the hook comes out) then push my hollow tube up against it ... it was ready to fish 30sec's after that.

Since changing to using mostly solid body tubes, for me .. glue isn't necessary now.

... cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast