Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: catfish on Wiley

Post Thanks / Like

Default catfish on Wiley

was wanting to take my girls to wiley for some catfishing, never been on that lake before but here its good for catfish, where and what bait should i fish with to put them on some good catfish? When i say where i dont mean your favorite fishing spot, i mean what depth, what part of the lake, shoreline, middle of channels, head of creeks or what? i'll be putting in down near the damn, any help is greatly appreciated...my girls are 7 and 11 and i just wanna put em on some good cats..........thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you are wanting channel cats for the girls. i have caught them all over the lake fishing for everthing but catfish, but if i was to target them now i would probably go up the southfork river and hit the coves on the north side all the way up to the hothole and fish near the bottom. Nightcrawlers, minnows, maybe some cutbait. The coves arent that wide so you can start at the mouth and work one side in and the other out and get the middle both ways. If you use minnows there is no telling what you might catch.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

osbcprecher , dont you mean near the dam?

Post Thanks / Like

bait. cut bluegill or chicken livers. find a cove near deep water or fish flat bottoms. hard mud bottoms usually hold cats in cold water.

Post Thanks / Like

yes i do mean near the dam....glad the Lord knew my thought on that one..thank God for grace

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osbcpreacher View Post
    yes i do mean near the dam....glad the Lord knew my thought on that one..thank God for grace
    you said in your first post that you have never been on wylie...........you do realize that the dam is on the south carolina side right? just checking because you need a south carolina license if you live in NC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    you said in your first post that you have never been on wylie...........you do realize that the dam is on the south carolina side right? just checking because you need a south carolina license if you live in NC
    If you go to SC dont get caught with a cell phone up to your ear while driving. I hear its a 400 dollar fine now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan View Post
    If you go to SC dont get caught with a cell phone up to your ear while driving. I hear its a 400 dollar fine now.
    Whoaa!!

Post Thanks / Like

does nc and sc not have a reciprocal agreement? like on lake chatuge (half in nc and half in ga ) you just have to have a license from your home state and its good on the ga side of the lake...doesnt that work for sc too?

Post Thanks / Like

does nc and sc not have a reciprocal agreement? like on lake chatuge (half in nc and half in ga ) you just have to have a license from your home state and its good on the ga side of the lake...doesnt that work for sc too?

also ill be fishing in middle march to april.....is that a good time for cats?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast