Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Double seat options.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Double seat options.

Still can not decide what to go with. Two single seat frames with four legs like DRFISH has or the Add-A-Seat like some of you others have. A question for you guys with the add-a-seat. Can you leave it assembled on the back deck or front deck for that matter and run down the lake with out trouble or does it need to be disassembled and put into a storage compartment? To much stuff in storage compartments already so would like to have something that can be left on rear deck when not in use. And would like to have something easy to move from the back to the front such as the seperate seat frames like Jim's. But I have not seen the add-a-seat in person to know ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the add a seat and run down the lake with mine in the front location. I have to swing it to the passenger side to be able to see. I does make a blind spot, but its pretty easy to move to the back. I would preferred this over the 4 leg set up because it can be knocked down and stored in storage box.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

JJ15 not sure what seat pedistals Champion uses but look into adding two bases and locate them where you want. If you have sprinfield pedistals you can grab just the bases on eBay for around $30. That is is you have solid deck up front and your compartment lids are not in the way.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger397V View Post
    JJ15 not sure what seat pedistals Champion uses but look into adding two bases and locate them where you want. If you have sprinfield pedistals you can grab just the bases on eBay for around $30. That is is you have solid deck up front and your compartment lids are not in the way.
    That's what we did to the front of our boat. Added a base on either side of the center one and just move the pedestals into whichever base we want to use that day. If you want, you can pull the pedestal/seat out and lay on the floor for traveling to and from the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy I wish I could have done

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Novice View Post
    That's what we did to the front of our boat. Added a base on either side of the center one and just move the pedestals into whichever base we want to use that day. If you want, you can pull the pedestal/seat out and lay on the floor for traveling to and from the lake.
    to mine CN but my compartments were in the way so I had to build a frame. Works great just have to stow away when not using.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

I've set up two different boats and i always use pedistal bases but i didn't mind drilling holes in my deck,nothing to store with that set up.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73 View Post
    I have the add a seat and run down the lake with mine in the front location. I have to swing it to the passenger side to be able to see. I does make a blind spot, but its pretty easy to move to the back. I would preferred this over the 4 leg set up because it can be knocked down and stored in storage box.
    Same with mine, no problem running with them in there other the blind spot on the passenger side.