Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you could invent any bait or color???

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default if you could invent any bait or color???

Since we have all these so called "lure" makers on here what kind of baits and colors would yall like to see. I need some more ideas. I have a few projects in the works but they might get scratched before they get going.
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

With all this talk about making lures, I've actually put some thought to this today. I thought it would be cool to combine a Crappie slug body (making it a little more pot bellied than the original) and using a slab buster type tail, maybe small split tail. I think a bluish-silver body and chart tail. All with silver flake. I have no idea if that would work out, though.

I also thought it would be neat to modify the mold so that a natural slit/pocket could be formed to stick a nibble in. LOL Again, don't know if that's possible.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny you would say that. It all in the works. I reckon great minds think a like. I have a split tail slug, a big pot belly pattle tail and a beaver tail minnow in a med. Size
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink and black camo

Don't know if it will catch fish, but my wife would use them
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default ring worm

a 3 inch blackgrape ring worm with a pearl white tail. Used a 4 inch for thirty years. used to cut off about an inch and used with 1/16 oz zlip sinker and a #1 hook. Was my go to bait for all species. I can no longer find this color bait (not in production). This lure was extremely effective for all species around schooling minnows.
    Crappie Fishing- Lots of Run...Sun...Fun...Catch a Ton...Or Didn't Get None!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badaxed View Post
    a 3 inch blackgrape ring worm with a pearl white tail. Used a 4 inch for thirty years. used to cut off about an inch and used with 1/16 oz zlip sinker and a #1 hook. Was my go to bait for all species. I can no longer find this color bait (not in production). This lure was extremely effective for all species around schooling minnows.
    Great multi-species bait, especially in a river. One of the best river walleye baits there is but not well known. These guys make one of the best ring worms I've used but don't see your color. I've got purple / white, black / white, and electric blue / white from them. Wonder if they'd pour you up an order if you inquired, found them to be accommodating in the past?

Welcome to B Fish N Tackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'd cross breed a medium size shiner with a medium size gold fish and try to come up with an orange or red headed minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought it would be neat to modify the mold so that a natural slit/pocket could be formed to stick a nibble in. LOL Again, don't know if that's possible.[/QUOTE]

The thought of a pocket for Nibblets or even slabs juice would be great.
    I use the tripple ripple from bass pro. A white/yellow body and chart Tail, Black chart tail, or Pumpkin with a chart/pepper tail. Would buys some. 2in.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

How about a thin,flat profile bait, maybe a little thicker up on the back for the hook...
    shape of a shad, about 1 3/4" long...... pearl/blue...pearl/red.... grey...etc ?

Might draw the big'ns out of the schools.......
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfishin View Post
    How about a thin,flat profile bait, maybe a little thicker up on the back for the hook...
    shape of a shad, about 1 3/4" long...... pearl/blue...pearl/red.... grey...etc ?

Might draw the big'ns out of the schools.......
    Kinda like a Sassy Shad??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast