Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummingbird 998 Sideview ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird 998 Sideview ???

This has probably been thrashed about on here before but would like some input, yes or no, from fishermen who really use them and not the sales pitch you get from the dealers. Are they worth the $$$ ???

Thanks !!! - leadshot

Post Thanks / Like

I had humminbird, now I have lowrance, to me the lowrance has a better unit. everyone has there own opinion, but your doing the right thing, the more you check the more you will know what you want, good luck on your choice

Post Thanks / Like

I have used 997 SI since Feb '09 Has made my job alot faster, structure locating is much easier now.....If you get close to Stockton, will be happy to show mine to you and how it works.....
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

alwaysfishin. Does it do what it says it will??? I don't want to drop 2K for something that I'll want to throw in the lake a week after I get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is an exceptional tool but it takes a while to learn....should spend alot of time in manual and at humminbird.com side imaging pictures. They will explain alot. Good luck on your decision.
    Let's go Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

The Lowrance units are very easy to use. Heck even me anda beagle can use them. Gotta much better picture on all. StructureScan, DownScan & has always had the very best 2D screen,,,,on all their units. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has an SI and it has TREMENDOUSLY improved our productivity on the water. So much easier to locate structure and fish it compared to hunting and pecking trying to just accidentally find some.

A great, although admittedly expensive, investment in my book. Really makes our time on the water more enjoyable, if that's possible. Good luck.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I will throw my two cents in for what it is worth (noth much). I have always been a Lawrance guy for 20 years. I always thought they had better equipment. I still think they have good stuff but I think HB might have passed them. There is ZERO doubt the customer service is better for HB than Lowrance the last couple of years from everything I have heard from many folks I know who are pretty serious about this stuff.
    I do not have a SI unit but I just picked up boat last night and I am pretty sure I will be looking into getting a SI for it. I have fished with many folks that have them and they are a killer tool! I am not overly impressed with how they show fish some of the time but they are incredible at showing structure on the bottom! I would think on a pretty open lake like Stockton they would be a huge tool in finding structure. They are also pretty nifty in letting you really see creek channels and any dips in the bottom. They are proud of them though!

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw where HB filed patent infringment suit against Navionics, is that who owns
    Lowrence?

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope we dont get into the lowrance/humminbird debate on the mo board, it get old quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast