Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Fishing Expo, Final Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indiana Fishing Expo, Final Update

Well, two more day's and it's on. The economy was tough on a couple vendors and they won't be there this year. This saddens me cause they were there since day one when I started this. We were capable of replacing them with the same quality tackle vendors. They are hoping that 2011 will afford them the chance to return. This toppled with the current and new vendors will most certainly make the Expo the envy of many shows.

I feel the success of the show comes back to one promise we made when we started it. No matter what, if they are not fishing related we won't allow them in the show. It has served us well. Again this year we have sold out all the vendor spots and they are all fishing related. Every species will be covered in both our speaker lineup and our vendors.

Also new for 2010. The IDNR Go Fish Indiana is bringing their full arsenal geared towards kid's. They will have rods & reels for kids to fish for fake fish. They will have posters, coloring material and plenty of other children related material. So if you got kid's, grand kid's, neices and nephews bring them. They will love it.

Here is a partial list of the vendors coming and guest speakers.

Strictly Bass Lures
    Blue Water LED
    Gator Grip
    D&S Lures
    JD Lures
    Vandalizer Custom Baits
    Plainfield Tackle
    Westside Bait & Tackle
    Cap'N Hooks
    Anchor Wizard
    Last Cast Jigs
    Elgrande Lures/Big Mexican Bass
    Indy Boat Sport & Tackle
    Whittler Custom Baits
    TR Lure & Fish Co.
    Feather Cast Rods
    Indy Kayak
    Back Yard Bassmasters
    Erie Quest Charters
    Vince Weirick Musky
    There are plenty more. If it swims, we got ya covered.

Speakers:

Charlie Hildreth
    Bud Fields
    Vince Weirick
    Gilbert Huxley
    Captain Rick Millette (Erie Walleye Guru)

If your looking for a good time for yourself and kid's, come out and see us. All kids 16 and under are free. Adults are $3.00 Parking is free. Free give aways all day during the show.

PICTURES

kwerdal is offline Moderator Indiana Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian from Feather Cast is my next door neighbor (I have one of his rods they are AWSOME!)

Where is the show?
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson County Fairgrounds in Franklin Indiana.
    Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
    Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

250 Fairgrounds st. Franklin In. 46131

Yes, Brian builds an awesome rod. He does pretty nice repair work as well. This I can attest to

Ray Rigby

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I have one more update. I just got off the phone with my good friend Eddie Brochin and he will be there with the Hawk for a show both day's. He will also have a booth for his guide and outfitter business.

Post Thanks / Like

Default will be there

going to the clinic saturday morning with a few friends. Looking forward to it, hoping to be there for charlies seminar, never been there before but sounds like a great time .......treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

if the sky don't fall in here, they're calling for a big snow, I'll be there Sunday.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

If you're on the fence whether to go. Definitely go! We had a great time. People were very very nice and informative.

Charlie shared super crappie tips! He even helped a Bass guy while we were there (remember drop shotting, Charlie?). Charlie is an awesome guy!

There are some great deals on tackle too. It's a nice sized event- try it out!

kwerdal is offline Moderator Indiana Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I went today was a good show missed Charlies talk but I spent about 1/2 hour with him super guy! gave me some nice Southern Pro plastics and some great tips. I got a few other things I wanted for a great price as well.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas. I try hard to bring a nice show to the public. I am learning as I go. This is the fifth show. Every year I learn a little bit and try and correct my mistakes the following year. Surley one of these day's i'll get it right

I hope the guy from this site I gave a jump makes it home safely?

Thanks to all who come. The economy was tough on a few vendors this year. Next year will be even better, this you can bet. I set out to have a multi species show and I am slowly getting a better mix of vendors. The first one was heavily slanted towards bass, but now as the show grows I have been able to get more and more different species vendors. Hopefully by next year I reach my goal of an even balance among the vendors.

This you can bet on as well. If it ain't fishing, we won't let them in. Fishing related only vendors allowed....

Again, thank you for coming out on a cold Indiana January day and allowing us the opportunity to earn your money.

Sincerely, Ray Rigby
    Expo Co-Ordinator

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there to check it out in the morn Ray. I'll say hi to ya while i'm there. Can't wait to catch some river smallies.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast