PDA

View Full Version : West Point Spinning Reel

FIN
11-28-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd like to here about west point spinning reels from anyone that has used one. Is the pfluger president spinning reel better.
I've never used either.
Thanks

deputyking
11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I have never used the west point but I love the pfluger president spinning reels. They have one of the best drags and has enough bearings to cast smoothly and I started replacing my shimano reels with them because of their lower price. They come with an extra spool that can be loaded with a differant line and it makes it easy to change the type of fishing needs in a minute.

Rattler
11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
I've not used the Pflueger's or the west points but for the price, the old Mitchell 310X is pretty tough to beat. I've put them on all my ultralight and jig poles this year and am very satisfied. They also come with the extra spool which changes quickly while on the water. Anyway good luck and hope you have success with whatever you use.

FIN
11-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. I bought a Mitchell 310X Gold Reel from Cabelas for $34.99 . I needed some other things from cabelas also.

Rattler
11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
BPS had them on sale earlier this year for $20 each so I bought 5 of them for my spinning tackle. As long as they last, I think I'm sold on em! Keep katchin em!

whizkids
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
BPS had them on sale earlier this year for $20 each so I bought 5 of them for my spinning tackle. As long as they last, I think I'm sold on em! Keep katchin em!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- if anyone sees Mitchell 310X's on sale for $20.00 please let me know. That's a steal.

FIN
11-28-2005, 08:07 PM
BPS had them on sale earlier this year for $20 each so I bought 5 of them for my spinning tackle. As long as they last, I think I'm sold on em! Keep katchin em!
---------------------------------------------------------------
WOW RATTLER You almost gave me a start.
I checked BPS they have the same 10 bearing reel for 10 bucks more. But BPS also has a simular 5 bearing model for 10 bucks less. I;m good :D

Crappie Reaper
11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
My personal experience is that anything with the pflueger name on it is top quality. Every Pflueger I have owned has been more than worth the cost. Smoothest reel I have yet to use.