Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: windy day fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default windy day fishing

Battled the wind for a fair catch of 29 crappie,about 20 y.perch 4 pickeral 1 bass today. Fished from about 7:30 to 12:30. Caught most on green balzy jigs and blue and white tube jigs 5feet deep to the bottom in 10ft. of water, wind had the tide messed up some. Gduck is the pickeral master he caught all 4 of the toothy critters.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah we had fun and i dont know why these gators decided to pick on me but i had fun with them and didnt mess up the spread. this one acted like a snag at 1st but figured it out pretty quick when the snag started shaking its head? also caught a few nice crappie towards the end of this trip on a small pink ball head lindys ice jig with a small diameter pink rubber worm type body about 1 1/2" long, 1st time I remembered to try it, got a bunch of different ones at cabelas around thanksgiving. We seem to have a problem of buying stuff that looks good and then shoveing them in our bags and completly forgeting about them, for years! Well hopfully we will change that habit we each spent many hours friday night starting a new plano box with nothing but plastic, even forgot to watch old ultraman dvds, now thats what you call dedicated crappie fishermen!
    Attached Images Attached Images